The U.S. MEPI Tomorrow’s Leaders Undergraduate Scholarship Program 2021
Deadline : December 4, 2020
Apply for the U.S. MEPI Tomorrow’s Leaders Undergraduate Program 2021 for Students in MENA. The Tomorrow’s Leaders Undergraduate Program (TLU) aims to support students from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region through undergraduate level academic matriculation, civic education, and leadership development.
This leadership-training program is made possible with partnership with leading U.S. accredited institutions and universities in the MENA region. The program strives to build a cadre of community, business, and national leaders who are civic-minded, intellectually able, and professionally-skilled in so doing benefiting the community. Exceling students will also have an opportunity to study abroad in the U.S. for one semester.
The program mainly targets students from around the region. Students must be academically qualified, but who are otherwise unable to afford American-style higher education. As a participants, you will enroll at the undergraduate level in a four-year program in one of the hosting institutions. APrticpayng isntitutions/ unovsities include:
- The American University of Beirut (AUB),
- Lebanese American University (LAU) in Lebanon
- The American University in Cairo (AUC) in Egypt.
Also apply for these:
If you are luckly selected for the program, you will be eligible fo the folowing benefits
- The program will cover the full tuition cost for a maximum period of four academic years of the undergraduate program
- You will benefit from Housing in form of a double room occupancy
- Participants will benefit from university health insurance
- The program will cover the costs of your entrance visa and residency permit fees
- You will receive a Monthly living allowance in form of a stipend to cover your living costs
- You will get facilitation to successfully carry out your studies in form of Books and a Laptop
- All program participants will receive a two yearly round trip tickets from and to your home country to visit their families
- There is also an opportunity for a study abroad semester in the U.S. for students who maintain excellent grades
- Other benefits include Civic leadership and career-oriented workshop, Internship opportunities and Faculty mentorship and guidance
Candidates for the fall 2021 enrollment class must fullfill the following applucation conditions
- Eligible applicants must be citizens of participating countries which include Algeria, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Tunisia, Syria (Syrians residing outside of Syria), Yemen, and Iraq
- In order to apply, you must current be a high school senior or have already graduated from high school in 2020.
- Applicants from Yemen, Syria and Iraq must be current high school senior or have graduated from high school in 2019 or 2020
- You must have excellent grades and strong academic credentials in order for you to be considered for the program
- Applicants are required to prove their English proficiency in written and spoken English with a minimum of 55 for the TOEFL iBT. You English certificates must be less than two years old
- There is a provision for a one year of intensive English Language training for students who qualify, if needed
Applicants must submit their applications online by the Tomorrow’s Leaders application deadline of December 4, 2020. Selection for successful candidates will be base on, among others:
- Maturity, flexibility and leadership potential
- Must maintain a high GPA and pass high school leaving exam in final year
- Ability to start the program in August/September of 2021
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here