Field ImplementerReports to:
Sr. Project Coordinator (Pemba) or Program Manager (Unguja)
Work location: Unguja and Pemba, Zanzibar
Positions: Multiple (1-2)
Start Date: Rolling start dates, dependent on funding (estimated start dates of January – February 2021)
Who we are
2 Job Opportunities at D-tree International-Field Implementers D-tree International is a leading digital health organization. We work to improve the quality of health systems in low and middle-income countries by exploiting digital technology in innovative ways. We are an interdisciplinary organization, working at the intersection of global health and technology. Expertise in both domains is essential to design and deploy systems which are both appropriate to particular contexts and effective in improving health outcomes. D-tree has been working in Zanzibar since 2010 on projects focused on maternal and child health and digital health systems. In close collaboration with the Zanzibar Ministry of Health and Ministry of Local Government
(PORALGSD), D-tree has trained more than 1,000 Community Health Volunteers (CHVs) who as part of the Jamii ni Afya community health program. The program support Community Health Volunteers to utilize digital tools to provide high quality care to women, children and their families to improve health, nutrition, and child development outcomes.
The program is expected to expand to include additional services and reach all communities in Zanzibar by the end of2021.
We are looking for candidates who are willing to take on any tasks that are required to make our projects successful.
This will include:
As Field Implementer, the Employee will be part of the Program Team and taking a key role in ensuring the successful implementation of our project(s) and that we achieve program objectives. As she/he is mentored by more senior members of the program team, she/he will learn how to effectively implement digital health solutions within existing health systems, and will bring insight learned from field implementation into future programmatic strategies.
She/he will play a key role in ensuring program quality at the field level, implementing activities and quality improvement initiatives, and monitoring progress toward performance goals.
- Support implementation of project activities, such as community sensitization, recruitment of community health volunteers (CHVs), training and mentoring of health workers and health system managers, and others.
- Work with the Ministry of Health/Health Promotion Unit, Council Health Management Teams (CHMT), other implementing partners to coordinate CHV program activities
- Work with Operations and Technology teams to meet logistics, procurement, and technology preparation needs to ensure smooth implementation of field activities, including setting up smartphones for new users,and organizing trainings and meetings.
- Support technology deployments and communicate with users with relevant updates and guidance.
- Provide support to district-level health team members and supervisors in triaging and managing issues from the field level as they arise.
- Continually build Ministry of Health and CHMT capacity to manage the program, including CHV and supervisor training, troubleshooting, effective mentoring and coaching, and utilizing dashboards to monitor performance and outcomes.
Technology Design and Use
- Support content design process for new technologies and application modules, including translation where necessary.
- Test mobile applications for content and usability, and facilitate test sessions with users.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues with mobile devices and applications and work with Technology team as needed to resolve issues as they arise.
- Proactively communicate with District Health teams and supervisors about technological or programmatic issues in the field and work with team to identify solutions continuously improve the effectiveness of our interventions and mobile applications using existing systems
Monitoring, Learning, and Reporting
- Support data collection, routine program monitoring activities, review of project progress and results, and quality improvement activities.
- Write reports about field activities documenting achievements and lessons learned and communicate this to the rest of the project team and leadership.
- Support development of external learning products such as case studies, success stories, and videos.
- Prepare and contribute to presentations summarizing project progress in various fora.
RECOMMENDED >> Application letter for job | How to Write a Job Application Letter
Required Skills and Experience
- Work experience: At least 1 year of experience implementing public health or community development programs in Tanzania required
- Advanced Diploma in a relevant field required. University Degree preferred.
- Tanzanian national required. Strong preference for candidates from Zanzibar or with experience working in Zanzibar.
- Experience with using digital tools and technology in a professional setting desired.
- Language: Excellent written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Telephone/Computer: Must be familiar with use of information technology tools such as mobile devices (including smart phones) and have strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and internet navigation.
- Should be motivated, detail oriented, well-organized, team player and comfortable working in the field in rural settings.
- Proven communication skills, including experience conducting trainings and/or supervision of activities.
To apply for this role please click the link below. You will be asked to answer a few questions and upload your cover letter and resume.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
If you are not contacted within 45 days please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Due to the expected high level of interest in this role it will not be possible for us to contact those candidates who have not been shortlisted for interview.
These positions are contingent upon execution of anticipated grant funding.