Position: Program Officer
The Zanzibar Federation of Disabled People Organizations (SHIJUWAZA) is accepting applications from individuals for the position of Program Officer.
Main Purpose of Role:
The Kukuza Uwezo project is currently recruiting for the position of Program Officer for the implementation of a capacity building project which focuses on strengthening key capabilities of DPOs and increasing DPO capacity to respond to needs and rights of people with disabilities (PWDs), improved collaboration/coordination within disability sector and increasing funder coordination.
The Program Officer will work as part of a small project team to ensure quality delivery of the project in Zanzibar (both Unguja and Pemba) in the 12 months of implementation. The role is part of the Kukuza Uwezo capacity building project, which is jointly implemented by SHIJUWAZA and GlobalGiving UK and is funded by the National Lottery Community Fund in the UK.
● Support in capacity building of DPOs (leadership & membership) to improve their performance in 6 key capacity areas (Governance, Finance, Human Resources, Strategic Relationships, Programme Activities and Impact, Community Engagement and Accountability)
● Support DPOs in the implementation of agreed action plans; coordination/management of timelines, reporting and monitoring of associated activities
● Ensure project is delivered to the highest technical standards and demonstrates impact through the collection of evidence based results for learning and development for the program team (and organizations at large)
● Ensuring high standards of project performance and reporting (including follow-up)
● Practical support to DPOs on grant and project management
● Close collaboration with all key stakeholders
● Supporting the federation’s day to day activities as required
Qualifications and Skills Required:
● Proven track record of 5 years of working within civil society, projects and/or NGO sector in Tanzanian context. Relevant experience in development, community engagement and disability sector are added advantages
● Experience of project and grant management
● Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or any other relevant discipline
● Has experience in coaching and mentoring (preferably small local organizations)
● Proven ability to establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders i.e. the government
● Ability to work across geographic and cultural boundaries
● Excellent computer skills; including Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint. Understanding of Google Drive functions and online communications an added advantage.
● Excellent communications skills and written/spoken fluency in English and Kiswahili
● Experience of organisational capacity building (private or NGO sector) is desirable
MODE OF APPLICATION:
● SHIJUWAZA is an equal opportunities employer and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
● SHIJUWAZA and its partners are committed to safeguarding and child protection and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As this role involves working with vulnerable people; background checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process.
● Candidate must have the right to work in Tanzania.
To apply please email your updated CV/Resume and Cover Letter explaining why you are qualified for this position to email@example.com by April 28, 2020. Please indicate the position that you are applying for in the Subject Line of your Application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.