The National Water Fund (NWF) is an established agency responsible for mobilizing resources and providing investment support for water services provision, and the management of catchmenment areas serving water supply abstractions. The agency has been established by the Water Supply and Sanitation Act No. 5 of 2019, which became effective on 01 July 2019.
The Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Water invites qualified candidates to apply for the position below:
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer
Reporting and Responsibilities:
Chief Executive Officer reports to the Board of Directors and shall be responsible for the day to day operations of the Agency. Specifically, the responsibilities of the Chief Executive Officer are:
- To mobilize financial resources necessary for fulfillment of its objects under the Act;
- To disburse funds to implementing agencies for the purpose of execution of water projects;
- To issue loans on favorable terms, to implementing agencies for investment in water service provisions;
- To monitor the use of the funds disbursed to implementing agencies;
- To facilitate capacity building of implementing agencies to improve and enhance their ability in execution and management of water projects;
- To recommend to the Minister guidelines for issuance of loans to water authorities; and
- To develop operational guidelines on issuance of loans and grants to implementing agencies.
Required Qualifications and Skills are:
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Is a holder of a degree or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Possesses at least five (5) years’ experience in managerial position or such other qualification as may be required;
- Has knowledge and experience of water sector;
- Has satisfied the Board that he is unlikely to have conflict of interest with the principal functions of the Fund; and
- Is, in the opinion of the Board, otherwise well suited to execute the functions of the Fund.
How to Apply:
- Qualified and interested candidates are requested to send an application letter and a CV indicating clearly their current position, e-mail address, telephone contacts, three names of referees and copies of relevant certificates and two current passport size photographs;
- Opening date for the receipt of applications: 27thApril, 2020;
- Closing date for receipt of applications: 07th May, 2020, at 15:30 Flours; and
- Application should be clearly marked “Chief Executive Officer of the National Water Fund” on top of the envelope and be addressed to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Water to the address indicated below.
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Water
P.O. Box 456 DODOMA
Jiunge Nasi Telegram⇒Bonyeza Hapa