Job Title: Consultancy for Development of Data Use guideline and tools, Better Immunization Data (BID) Initiative
Tracking Code 10027
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH has been working with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) under the Immunization and Vaccine Development (IVD) unit to implement the Better Immunization Data (BID) Initiave. The MOHCDGEC has been implementing a number of interventions to improve immunization data quality and use and overall service delivery. This includes development and deployment of electronic immunization system from health facility to national level across the country, implementation of data review meetings and immunization data analysis. While there has been significant improvement in the routine immunization data quality indicators, data use has remained sporadic, inconsistence and very low.
MODE OF APPLICATION: APPLY ONLINE
PATH is supporting the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) through Health Management Information System and Immunization and Vaccine Development units to look for a consultant to develop immunization data use guideline and tools with intentions of improving immunization data use across all levels of the health system.
The principle objective of this scope is to develop immunization data use guide and tools that would support data use to immunization health care workers across all level of health system. The specific activities include
- Review of relevant literature on data demand and use
- Review of relevant documents related to data collection, processing management and use including existing HMIS guidelines and immunization program Monitoring and evaluation framework.
- Review of relevant guidelines, protocols related to data management, quality and use from global recognized institutions and partners including World Health Organization (WHO)
- Collect data related to overall data management and use from relevant units and key informants in the country
- Develop immunization data use guide including tools for each level of operation of immunization services.
- Facilitate stakeholder meeting to review and disseminate the developed data use guide and tools
This work is expected to take maximum of 25 working days and final deliverables submitted by end of June 2020.
- Situation analysis of current data management and use
- Immunization data use applied framework
- Draft data use guide and tools for each level of health system operations
- Final immunization data use guideline and tools including presentation of key areas.
- A post graduate degree in public health and or health informatics. PHD will be of added advantage.
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Strong experience and understanding of operation of routine health management information system in Tanzania and African regions. Understanding of operation of immunization service will be highly regarded.
- Strong experience in developing and or facilitating development of health operations guidelines and policies.
- Three references on related undertakings preferably from Ministry of Health Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC)
The application pack should include a CV of the consultant and a one pager of your understanding of this work. The application pack should by COB 15th May 2020.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and email.
Job Location Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of
Company Location Tanzania, Dar es Salaam
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Jiunge Nasi Telegram⇒Bonyeza Hapa