JIUNGE NASI WHATSAPP TU FOLLOW. BONYEZA HAPAAjira Mpya Tanzania at African Underground Mining Services (AUMS), Ajira Yako, Ajiraleo, Nafasi za Kazi at African Underground Mining Services (AUMS), Jobs Tanzania
Since 2007 African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) has provided unmatched mechanized underground mining services for clients in Africa. By combining the local knowledge that Ausdrill had gained, operating in Africa for over 15 years, with the underground mining expertise of Barminco the AUMS 50/50 JV was formed. This unique joint venture represents a combination of both companies’ knowledge distilled into a powerful single entity; a highly productive underground mining service provider for our clients.
In return, we provide state of the art facilities, equipment and technology. We look forward to receiving your application for the following positions below…
Position: Underground Diamond Driller (Geita Gold Mine, Geita)
To ensure the safe and efficient operation of drill rigs in the day to day operations, through the provision of manual tasks inclusive of monitoring & adherence to safety procedures, break down & setup of drill rigs, packing & presentation of core for delivery to client and any further tasks necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guiding employees on best work practice by ensuring safe work processes are Complies with all HS&E policies, procedures and instructions. This includes the correct use of safety devices and protective equipment, prompt reporting of any hazardous situations, which they cannot themselves correct, making the necessary changes to eliminate or control the hazard and reporting immediately any accident or injury which arises in the course of their work.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures that are displayed and amended from time to time.
- Takes reasonable care for their own safety and that of other persons who may be affected by their acts.
- Performs pre-start checks and SWICs.
- At the start of shifts, meet with supervisors & cross shift to discuss tasks that are required to be completed during the shift, noting any equipment that may be need for the tasks to be performed, including any and all PPE necessary.
- Provide guidance and training to allocated Offsider(s).
- Ensuring inspections and maintenance is carried out on all equipment before use.
- Must Work to minimize equipment downtime and maximize productivity.
- Maintains a high standard of housekeeping.
- Working knowledge of drill rig performance and capabilities, including functions of controls, gauges, warning lamps and emergency procedures.
- Ability to operate drill rigs safely and understanding all drill rig safety features (inclusive of any industry safety legislation.)
- Ability to organize and establish priorities, following up on outstanding tasks and closing out any completed works/task where necessary.
- Must be physically fit with the capability of distributing heavy drill equipment, such as drill rods.
- First Aid Certificate.
- Must have valid Tanzanian Driver’s License.
- Completed secondary school
- Reading and Writing Skills
If you have the necessary skills, drive and experience to be an asset to AUMS Operations Team, we welcome your interest and encourage you to apply. Only applications with a current Resume attached will be considered for employment.
Please send your CV along with a detailed covering letter via email email@example.com
Application letters should reach the above on or before 18th May, 2020, 18hr00.