JIUNGE MAGROUP YETU YA WHATSAPP. BONYEZA HAPA
Languages Required: English
Temporary Appointment, Open for Tanzania Nationals Only
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide active psychological support and advice on strategic developments in the country involving the major implications on staff (i.e. emergency operations, critical incidents, office rightsizing) to ensure continued staff well-being and that managers and staff are provided with the effective support to manage change, especially in the context of the COVID19 pandemic.
- Partner with all the functions and agencies within the UN in Tanzania, and with institutions outside to address psychological risks at the individual, unit and organizational level and to ensure a psychologically healthy workplace. Identify and liaise with high quality local and regional mental health resources that can be used for referrals and/or during times of crisis.
- Providing individual and group counseling sessions to UN staff and dependents, in person or through teleconsulting as applicable.
- Contribute to the development of policies and guidelines, as well as written and visual materials to increase awareness regarding important themes and topics related to Staff Wellness.
- Maintain at all times, high standard of professional ethics and confidentiality consistent with the UN Ethical Guidelines and Standards of Practice, actively engage with management and staff, listen to their concerns, and stay approachable.
- Take responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives in all areas of work, to ensure equal participation of women and men.
- Liaise with UN Senior Managers, the UN staff psychosocial wellbeing key partners (human resource managers, UN doctors, security focal points, and agencies security officers), the staff association, the local experts (doctors, psychiatrists and psychologists) and institutions in the country in order to create a network of health professionals for referrals and also ready to support and intervene if necessary.
- Provide monthly reports to the DO, the security advisor, and the UNDSS CISMU regional stress counsellor.
- Other relevant activities assigned by the supervisors, such as organizing peer support training workshops for selected UN staff in conjunction with the UNDSS CISMU to create a Critical Incident Stress Intervention Cell (CISIC).
Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Level 2: Analyzes complex technical materials (including data) and makes concise, relevant recommendations
Ability to persuade others to follow
Level 2: Proactively identifies new opportunities and challenges
Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
Level 2: Takes ownership of responsibilities
Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
Level 2: Understands, explains and shares information on assigned tasks with accuracy and clarity
Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
Level 5: Critically assesses value and relevance of existing policy / practice and contributes to enhanced delivery of products, services, and innovative solutions
Ability to plan, organize, and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals
Level 2: Execute & Learn: Execute & Learn: Perform defined tasks.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced university degree (Doctorate, Masters or equivalent) in Clinical or Counselling Psychology, Psychiatry or demonstrably equivalent studies from a recognized institution;
- Registration as a mental health professional in the country of origin is required;
- Additional training or certification in a broad range of related fields, such as alcohol/substance abuse, resilience, cross-cultural communication, conflict resolution, mediation, trauma, etc. will be an advantage.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible professional post-graduate experience relevant to the field is required;
- Experience either working in a hardship location or providing counselling services to staff working under very difficult and insecure environments is an asset.
Knowledge & Skills
- Broad specialist expertise in the assessment of mental health needs and the assessment of risk.
- Broad knowledge of all facets of counselling services and demonstrated skills to coordinate services and create a trusted environment in which others can talk confidentially.
- Ability to coordinate and manage crisis situations which involve diverse actors and stakeholders.
- Ability to strategically plan and deliver counselling services.
- Strong initiative-taker and demonstrated ability to take independent decisions.
- Working knowledge of occupational health and safety strategies to mitigate work-related stress and promote motivated and healthy staff.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation).
- Conflict resolution and mediation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of both genders and diverse national and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to design and manage implementation of trainings/information sessions to a wide range and different audiences.
Fluency in English and Swahili is require
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
JIUNGE GROUP LETU LA TELEGRAM. BONYEZA HAPA