Data Entry Clerk
( 12 Positions)
Nafasi 12 za kazi HJFMRI-Data Entry Clerks Join us in our efforts to strengthen and institutionalize monitoring and evaluation systems in SHL for efficient and effective HIV and AIDS resource mobilization.
The Walter Reed Program Tanzania (WRP-T) is a collaborative effort that supports PEPFAR-funded HIV prevention and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands and within the Tanzania People’s Defense Forces (TPDF). HJF Medical Research International, Inc Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) is a local non-profit that has supported these efforts since 2004 for the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR). PEPFAR activities are conducted in close collaboration with the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children; and the President’s Office of the Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), through the Regional and Council Health Management Teams.
HJFMRI-T HJF Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) providing care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming, providing resources, personnel, and services to the Southern Highlands Zone regions namely Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, and Songwe. The program also supports TPDF to implement a comprehensive HIV prevention care and treatment program in 21 Military sites throughout the country.
It is in this regard that WRP-T in collaboration with the Songwe Regional Government seeks to recruit 12 data entry clerks, 3 district data managers, 1 Information Technology Officer, 3 Clinicians and 2 ART nurses to undertake data related tasks and care and treatment activities for the HIV Program for the short term contract of (10) Months from December 2020 to September 2021 with contract renewal possibilities based on performance.
Job Title: Data Entry Clerk ( 12 Positions)
Report to: CTC in-charge and HJF SI officer
Location: Songwe Region
Terms of Employment: One year contract with option for renewal
- Diploma in computer science, statistics, record management, Information technology, Health information management and or related scientific discipline from a recognized university. Advance Diploma in the mentioned courses is an added advantage.
- At least two years of previous experience in working with database
- A Secondary School Graduate with experience and knowledge working with Databases will be considered. iv. Computer literacy with package of the Microsoft Office [Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Internet and Email]
- At least two years of experience in data management or any related information Management System, experience in CTC2 database is an added advantage
- Knowledge of records management procedures. Ability to operate various word-processing software, spreadsheets, and database programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To assure timely entry of patient files in health management database both from CTC and RCH, within one day after reception of the file from the clinician;
- Entering numerical data, codes and text from source documents into computer compatible storage devices
- To collaborate with CTC clinical staff and ensure the completeness of data collected and filled on the CTCs cards and registers. iv. Document and report HIV and AIDS information systems problems to the line supervisor using integrated reporting tools.
- To update status of Clients every time they attend clinical visit and or change status, e.g. TO, Death and LTF
- Assist Health care workers to generate a list of patients attending the next CTC session, LTF, Clients eligible for viral load uptake, Missed appointments, and any other requested report.
- To compare data in the ART registers and ARV Dispensing registers if they match those entered in the CTC2 database and enter if there is any discrepancy at every visit
- To run the CTC2 database built-in checks for data cleaning; and solve them as required
- To assure that CTC2 database and Pharmacy Module are always of the most recent version;
- Assure that a weekly backup is made on either a partitioned hard drive or a separate hard drive/Flash Disk;
- Use the CTC2 database to produce high quality quarterly reports for the DMO and submit these to the DACC and Data Manager, and to the RACC and Regional M&E Officers;
- To use the CTC2 database to produce daily, weekly and monthly reports on patients who are lost to follow up and submit the same to the Outreach Partner who will use these data to trace the patients;
- To make data available and accessible to programmers and end users. This includes; compiling daily, weekly and monthly program reports
- Responsible for every new databases that are introduced for the project like Train-smart, Male circumcision database etc;
- To ensure files are arranged in an order at every visit
- To ensure that data room and the computer are clean everyday
- To prepare and review daily and weekly reports template to district and regional performance for tracking general performance.
- Performing any other relevant duties as assigned by the CTC in charge/Data Manager/DACC
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania of not more than 45 years of age.
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum vitae (CV) having reliable contacts (Postal Address, E-Mail, three passport size photos, and Telephone numbers.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement. iv. Applicants must attach relevant certified copies of Academic and training certificates.
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
Also apply for these:
Fully Funded Global leadership Scholarship 2021- For Undergraduate & Graduates
Cover letters, resumes and Education certificates should be sent via email to [email protected]
NOTE: To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB and LOCATION in the SUBJECT LINE. The deadline for submitting the application is 20 November 2020. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements, as detailed in the job description below, will not be considered.