Senior EpidemiologistUniversity of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB)
TanzaniaDar es Salaam,
Job Opportunity at University of Maryland-Baltimore (UMB)-Senior Epidemiologist Human Resources & Administration Manager, Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation -Tanzania Country Office
The University of Maryland Baltimore (UMB) works around the world to enhance capacity of governments, Regional and District Health Management Teams to improve quality of health services through targeted technical assistance, systems development & strengthening, and institutionalization of quality improvement initiatives. In Tanzania UMB works through its affiliate Maryland Global Initiatives Tanzania (MGIT), a nonprofit organization works with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC). MGIT conducts activities in Dar es Salaam, Tanga, Simiyu, Shinyanga, Mwanza, Mara, Kigoma, Kagera, Tanga and Coast.
MGIT receives funding from the United States Government’s Centers for Disease Control and Prevention through the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) to provide Targeted Technical Assistance to Local Clinical Partners (LCIP) and Regional Health Management Teams (RHMTs) for Implementation of Comprehensive HIV Care, Treatment, and Support programs in the United Republic of Tanzania.
Position: Senior Epidemiologist
Location: Dar es Salaam
UMB/MGIT is seeking a qualified senior Epidemiologist who will support the implementation of data use for decision making, including providing TA to MOH and partners to carry out epidemiological analysis to inform understanding of new HIV infection trends by geography and specific demographic groups.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build capacity in aggregate and indidividual level data analysis and use at all levels of the health system (provider, counicil/district managers, national)
- Review dashboards/data visualizations tools with stakeholders and health informatics team to determine gaps in systems or ability to analyze indicators at various service delivery levels
- Develop dashboards/data visualization tools with stakeholders and health informatics team to fill gaps, including how these can be built into or made interoperable with current HIS (i.e. AfyaEMR, DHIS2, CTC2, CTC3)
- Review data available at community, facility and laboratory level to determine gaps in ability to analyze and use data and needed action items
- Support completion of information and data loop from point of data collection through analysis visualization and summary reports and return for use point of service and feedback and assessment of results
- Develop health care providers’ capacity to use data and information for client centered care
- Participate in key needs assessment exercises and work planning
- Conduct geospatial analysis to better understand spatial heterogeneity with HIV and TB to inform policy and program interventions
- Collaborate with the project team in identifying project activities, processes and outcomes for documentation and sharing lessons learned and best practices.
- Conduct training on data analysis and interpretation
Sales &Marketing Job Tanzania
procurements and supply Jobs in Tanzania
Records management jobs Tanzania
Human Resource Job in Tanzania
Nafasi za Kazi Business Administration|Business Administration jobs in Tanzania
Banking and Finance jobs in Tanzania
Driving Job Tanzania
Secretary Job Tanzania
Receptionist Job In Tanzania
Hotel job Tanzania
Hotel job Dar es salaam
Hotel Jobs Zanzibar
Hotel Jobs Arusha
Teaching Job Tanzania
Qualifications: Masters of Science in Epidemiology, Statistics, Research methods or M&E with 7 years of experience in international health programs, as least 3 of which are with PEPFAR-funded programs and 5 of in statistical data analysis. Demonstrated experience managing complex, large-scale databases and data management software.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
By the 18th February 2021 , and ensure you select “Senior Epidemiologist Tanzania” position.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted