Job Opportunity at Danish Refugee Council-Livelihoods Assistant February 2021 Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization which provides assistance and promotes durable solutions for refugees and internally displaced people, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights.
Danish Refugee Council is a humanitarian actor in Tanzania. Since 2015, as part of the Burundian Refugee Response in Tanzania, DRC works in the sectors of camp management, Community-Based Protection, livelihoods, protections, WASH, General Food Distributions and shelter/ small infrastructure in Nduta & Mtendeli camps. DRC has been implementing Camp management, Community Based Protection and Livelihoods projects in Nyarugusu refugee camp since January, 2020.
Name of the Position: – Livelihoods Assistant
Reports to: – Livelihoods Officer
Supervise: – Incentive staffs and/or Village Agents.
Duty Station: – Mtendeli, Nduta, Nyarugusu Refugee Camps & Host Community.
A Livelihoods Assistant, under the management and supervision of the Livelihoods Officer and in close collaboration with UNHCR and the camp-based government coordination bodies will be responsible for supporting the implementation of livelihoods activities in the refugee camp and host community. The Livelihoods Assistant is therefore expected to be flexible to work in different locations over the course of the programme.
Tasks and responsibilities of the position
- Participate in ensuring targets are met under DRC’s agreement with donors, in order to be accountable to the stated goals of the programme.
- Support in provision of trainings and technical support to programme participants with specific focus to Agricultural, Vocational skills development, business development, Basic computer literacy interventions among others.
- Support in ensuring comprehensive documentation and provide inputs for reporting on implementation progress.
- Provide inputs for program Development (Proposals writing and budgeting).
- Support in Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Arrangements.
- Work with established community-based structures in the community and be solution oriented in terms of challenges arising from individual activities and the programme as a whole.
- Provide inputs for new sustainable livelihoods initiative/proposals and fundraising relating emergency and longer-term response.
- Contribute in documentation of lessons learned and ensuring that are reflected in program planning and decision making.
- Ensure implementation of livelihoods activities are in compliant with the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS) and the DRC’s Code of Conduct (CoC);
- Provide timely and quality inputs for project narrative reports in accordance to donors’ requirement.
- Foster and maintain excellent working relationships with key humanitarian actors – local and international, including government authorities and non-state Actors, private sectors.
- Liaise closely with other DRC’s sectors such as; Community Based Protection, protection and camp management to ensure productive coordination and smooth implementation of the programme activities.
- University Degree in Agriculture, Project Planning and Management, Community Development, Social Science and other related fields.
- 1-2 years relevant work experience.
- Knowledge and experience in implementing programmes in agriculture, Vocational/technical skill development, financial inclusion and energy/environmental programmes.
- Previous experience working with refugees or IDPs and Host communities’ members.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel).
- Ability to communicate in English and Swahili. Ability to communicate in Kiha and/or Kirundi is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility.
- Comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well ability to engage with community members in an open manner, maintain confidentiality and respect.
Sales &Marketing Job Tanzania
procurements and supply Jobs in Tanzania
Records management jobs Tanzania
Human Resource Job in Tanzania
Nafasi za Kazi Business Administration|Business Administration jobs in Tanzania
Banking and Finance jobs in Tanzania
Driving Job Tanzania
Secretary Job Tanzania
Receptionist Job In Tanzania
Hotel job Tanzania
Hotel job Dar es salaam
Hotel Jobs Zanzibar
Hotel Jobs Arusha
Teaching Job Tanzania
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
The deadline for submitting the application is 25 February, 2021
CLICK HERE TO APPLY