WEIGHBRIDGE OPERATORS (2- POSTS)
TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS) is a Semi-Autonomous Agency under the Ministry of Works established on July 1, 2000 and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Tanzania Mainland’s trunk and regional roads network. Its primary functions include the management of maintenance and development works, operations of the network and axle load control, the implementation of road safety and environmental measures, provision of advice on the strategic framework, policies and plans for the road sector.
Regional Manager, TANROADS – MOROGORO is looking for suitable qualified Tanzanian candidates for 13 available Posts at Morogoro Weigh Bridge stations and Regional Manager Office. Applications are invited from suitable qualified and competent Tanzanians to apply for the following positions:
POSITION TITLE: WEIGHBRIDGE OPERATORS (2- POSTS)
Successful applicants must be ready to work on ‘Shift’ basis including weekends and public Holidays. They should be willing to work for considerable lengths of time with minimum supervision.
The holder of this post shall report to Shift In-charge
A: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE WEIGHBRIDGE OPERATOR;
The holder of this post who reports to Shift In-charge will be responsible for:
- Enforcing Road Traffic Axle Load Control by the use of Weighbridge scale devices;
- Enforcing the East African Community Vehicle Load Control, Act 2016 and its Regulations, 2017 which include the following:
- Weighing Motor Vehicles Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) > 3.500kg plying on our public Roads;
- Imposing road damage fees on the spot for overloaded motor vehicles;
- Measuring physical dimensions of motor vehicle or any load being carried on the motor vehicle for determining compliance or non- compliance with vehicle dimension limits by the transporter for provision of relevant advice;
- Recording all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed;
- Observing good customer care, dignity and integrity;
- Reporting all matters of the respective shift to the Shift In-charge;
- Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Shift In-charge / Regional Manager.
B: KEY QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE WEIGHBRIDGE OPERATOR;
- Holder of full Technician Certificate (FTC) in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from recognized Higher Learning Institution/College. Higher qualification will have an added advantage. Must be Computer literate (at least Advance Certificate in Computer Applications);
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahili and English languages;
- Must be a Tanzanian Citizen;
- Not above 35 years of age
All interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to submit their own handwritten application letters, enclosing detailed curriculum vitae and CERTIFIED COPIES of relevant education and professional certificates, Birth Certificates together with names of two referees and their contact addresses, telephone number(s) and E-mail addresses, so as to reach the addressee mentioned below not later than 3th July, 2020 Applications which will be received after deadline SHALL NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please apply to:
Regional Manager, TANROADS,
Tel:+255 023 2935223
Fax:+255 023 2935224/255 23 2935225