JIUNGE NASI WHATSAPP TU FOLLOW. BONYEZA HAPA
Nafasi za kazi Serena Hotels Dar es salaam Tanzania – Executive Chef
Serena Hotels is a collection of fine luxury hotels and lodges in East Africa. We are renowned for our presence in magical locations and have the highest reputation for standards and service. We at Serena recognize that human resources are our most important asset, and significant resources are allocated annually towards staff development.
We are currently seeking a qualified Tanzanian citizen to head our Kitchen team at Dar Es Salaam Serena Hotel whose responsibilities will be as outlined below…..
POSITION AVAILABLE: EXECUTIVE CHEF
The successful candidate will be responsible for all culinary initiatives in the kitchen. This position will oversee all day- to-day activities in the kitchen, training of the kitchen brigade, planning menus, overseeing product purchasing and managing the kitchen budget.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
- Accountable for the Food production strategy of a City Hotel.
- Providing guidance and direction to food production team, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Accountable for adherence to international quality assurance standards (SGS, HACCP), Food Safety, legal regulations and company policies, environmental policies and duty of care to customers and colleagues.
- Ensuring that all aspects of the Serena Culinary Experience are communicated and embedded within the kitchen team and other staff in the organisation.
- Innovative menu planning and design of food service within specified budgets and ensuring high standard of food presentation and portion/quality control.
- Ability to utilize guest feedback on food quality, popularity and conducting surveys to understand and capture guest preference and expectations on food offers.
- Developing food cost management strategies and initiatives without affecting standards.
- Creating a platform for financial growth through cost control and culinary excellence.
- Responsible for recruiting, supporting, training and people development to deliver a consistently efficient, high quality service.
- Ability to facilitate on-going team communications, including building internal and external relationships, management reporting and client liaison.
- Responsible for proper care and maintenance of kitchen resources.
Education: Degree in hospitality management or Diploma in Culinary Arts/ Food Production
Work Experience: 5 years’ managerial work experience in a 5 star/ luxury city hotel kitchen, with proven experience in successful team management and culinary expertise. International experience will be an advantage
Personal attributes: Ability to demonstrate Organizational skills, business sense, culinary expertise, attention to detail, creativity, commitment, and dynamism with the courage to promote and foster independent decision making, enabling individual and team growth and genuine interest in customer service excellence.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants who have met the required criteria should address their applications and copies of certificates to:
Country Human Resources Manager
Sent on email: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is October 15th, 2020.