Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
The A360 Country Lead will be responsible for the overall strategic leadership, as well as management of the Adolescents 360 – Amplify (A360a), a 15 months, $ 2.5M follow on project to Adolescents 360 (A360), the adolescent health project to address unplanned pregnancy amongst adolescent girls in Tanzania that is ending in September 2020. The project is co-funded by the BMGF & CIFF.
- Develop plans, organize and supervise the implementation of the A360a project in Tanzania using established goals and major performance objectives;
- Facilitate evidence-based decision making; communication and education programmes;
- Prepare reports including monthly, quarterly and annual reports to donor, PSI and GOT as required;
- Conduct regular review of the overall performance of A360 activities; support the documentation of best practices and lessons learned according to guidelines.
- Support in new business development by participating in proposal writing and contributing in preparation of concept notes for projects relevant to ASRHR and FP.
- Facilitation of relationships with the Foundations in-country, other donor agencies and implementing partners to accomplish project goals;
- Ensure the A360a project in Tanzania is optimally supported by senior management team and other support units within the organization;
- Manage the relationship with the Government of Tanzania (especially PO-RALG and MOHCDGEC);
- Represents A360a Tanzania at the national and international arena; ensuring that A360a Tanzania receives appropriate support and secures conducive enabling environment for sustainability;
- Lead in attracting potential funding through showcasing and presenting A360a work both in national and international forums as a new business development opportunity.
Finance & Administrative Management
Review and approve operational budget in compliance with Donor approved budget monthly and PSI internal procedures;
- Develop and Submit budget for A360a Project implementation for approval and re-align based on A360a core team and donor demands;
- Oversee management of the project budget and contracts;
- Ensure satisfactory budget related reporting by the finance team in compliance with donor requirements and A360a core team requirements.
What are we looking for?
- A Master’s degree in Public Health, Business Administration, or Social Sciences
- At least ten (10) years of progressively responsible work experience in partnership management, program management, public relations, or a related field.
- Visionary and exemplary leadership skills: capacity to prioritize and manage a diverse range of partners, projects and activities
- Good budgeting and financial management Skills Ability to build and lead a self-performing team
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Problem solving and analytical ability
- Drive for continuous learning and knowledge sharing
- Strategic influence and drive for results
How to apply:
Application for the position must include:
- Cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements.
- Detailed curriculum vitae showing contact address, email, and day -time mobile phone number (s) and three (3) referees, ONE being your last employer.
Application will be considered valid, if sent/received before 1700hrs, Monday, 5th October, 2020. Please note that only short -listed candidates meeting the above requirements will be contacted. Send you application to [email protected] in MS Word or PDF file. Indicate the name of position on the subject line of your email.
The deadline for submitting the application is October ,05 2020