HURUMA AIDS CONCERN AND CARE (HACOCA) is a registered Non- Governmental organization with its Head Quarters in Morogoro Municipal. It is a non-profit making organization incorporated under NGO act. 24/ 2002 of Tanzania to carry out interventions towards improving the quality life and well-being of marginalized communities in Morogoro region by promoting health, nutrition, education and household income.
HACOCA has partnered with FHI360 to implement the so-called EpiC project, a five (05) years HIV prevention project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) which is dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control.HACOCA is looking for enthusiastic, creative, energetic individual to support the implementation of the project as described below….
Job Position: District Data Clerks
Duty Stations: Morogoro MC, Morogoro DC, Kilosa DC, Kilombero DC and Mvomero DC
Agreement: Annual contracts
Vacant post: 4 Posts
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Monitoring and Evaluation officer (M&E) to conduct entry of project data for HIV Testing services, Family planning, Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP), Tuber Tuberculosis (TB) and Sexual Transmission Diseases (STD) into designated database.
- Perform routine data review and collection data for all project indicators from catchment health facilities.
- Support the assessment of quality of primary source data through checking the completeness, precision, validity and timeliness of data reports.
- Work closely with peer educators (PEs), peer navigators (PNs) and community health workers (CHWs) at community level to support collection and reporting of data.
- Assist the M&E officer in keeping records of all the data reports collected from field activities.
- Support M&E officer to conduct periodic verification and routine data quality (RDQA) assessment at facilities and council level to ensure data quality at all times
- Offer on-job training i.e. (data management, M&E tool recording and uses) to staff and community workers i.e. PE, PN and CHWs.
- Ensure all data (primary and secondary) are securely collected, organized and kept in accordance/ compliance with national data management and confidentiality guidelines.
- Ensuring data quality through review of completed reporting tools submitted to custody offices by field officers and other project affiliates.
- Ensure that files and other documents are stored safely and well arranged in an organized manner.
- Performs other related tasks as required by the organization.
At least a Diploma in Information Technology, sociology, community development or equivalent. Additional training in Monitoring and Evaluation, community mobilization, counseling is of added advantages.
- At least 1 years demonstrated experience working in monitoring and evaluation activities related to health/ HIV prevention, Care and Treatment Programming.
- Knowledge of health and development programs in Tanzania including familiarity with the national KVP, youth and gender guidelines, standards and protocols.
- Experience in programs serving KVP and addressing gender norms. Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of KVP and other vulnerable groups.
- Experience in working with LGA, NGOs, CBOs and health facilities to implement public health projects , especially those working with vulnerable populations.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Fluent in speaking and writing English and Swahili.
- Ability to build relationship with Key Vulnerable Populations (KVP) groups at community levels.
- Able to work with Health Care Providers staff at different health facilities
- Computer literacy is highly required.
- Able to timely collect, compilation and data analysis as required by the EpiC.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
All qualified candidates should send their fully filled Applications including a covering letter, academic certificates (copies) and detailed CV to [email protected].
Deadline for applications is 16:00 4th October 2020. Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted for further processes.