JIUNGE NASI WHATSAPP TU FOLLOW. BONYEZA HAPA
Nafasi za kazi PACT Tanzania – Finance and Operations Director
Finance and Operations Director, Tanzania C3HP-HIV/TB
Job Locations TZ
Job ID 2020-1486
# of Openings 1
Program Delivery (PDEL) – Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The Program Delivery Team, contributes to realizing this purpose by: Forging smart partnerships and treating all people with dignity and respect; Applying organizational policies and regulatory compliance appropriately and consistently; Facilitating team spirit among colleagues and promoting the organization through communications; Influencing decision makers through focused, relevant communications; Continually striving to learn and share knowledge and find small ways to make the workplace more enjoyable for all; Cultivating and harvesting innovation; Contributing to the organization’s ability to think and act strategically at all times; Inspiring and spreading our desired organizational culture across the global enterprise.
Pact seeks an experienced Finance and Operations Director for the anticipated upcoming USAID/Tanzania Comprehensive Client-Centered Health Program HIV And Tuberculosis Activity (C3HP-HIV/TB). USAID/Tanzania intends to award a contract to support the Government of Tanzania’s (GOT) Ministry of Health and Social Welfare, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) and the President’s Office- Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG) at the central level and in target Mainland regions to deliver high-quality integrated HIV and TB prevention care and treatment services that will improve health outcomes, particularly for youth and women. The acquisition will increase the demand for and use of quality integrated HIV and Tuberculosis services in target regions by improving access to quality services in both facilities and the surrounding communities, promoting positive health-seeking behaviors among Tanzania’s populace, and enhancing the overall policy environment for HIV/TB service delivery. This is anticipated to be a five-year activity. More information can be found here on beta.sam.gov. This position is contingent upon award.
- The Finance and Operations Director will provide overall procurement, financial, operational, safety and security, and compliance support to the project.
- S/he will oversee management of sub-contracts and Grants under Contracts (GUCs).
- S/he will ensure funds expended are compliant with US government regulations and policies.
- She/he will implement fraud mitigation practices and ensure systems and processes are implemented effectively to support implementation of the award, which may be a contract or a cooperative agreement.
- S/he will initiate, develop, maintain, and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of the finance and compliance program and its related activities and to promote cost efficiency and compliance with all rules and regulations.
- S/he will identify potential areas of financial and compliance vulnerability and risk and develop or implement corrective action plans to resolve problematic issues.
- S/he will ensure proper financial documentation and reporting, establish and provide direction and management of project funds.
- S/he will lead and oversee the development, management and complete life cycle of a variety of possible procurement mechanisms, including but not limited to purchase orders, sub-contracts, and/or GUCs.
- S/he will be responsible for managing the contract budget, tracking project spending and preparing financial reports for submission to USAID.
- S/he will develop, implement, and adjust when required the project’s safety and security strategy and protocols, and serves as the point of contact for the person in charge of security at USAID for any issue related to security reports and procedures.
- S/he will mentor and supervise finance, operations, and other staff engaged in the activities noted here.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting or equivalent.
- At least eight years’ experience working in international development, preferable USAID-funded projects in finance, procurement, logistics, and related areas.
- At least four years’ experience in financial compliance and progressive supervisory work experience directly supervising administrative, finance, and/or operations staff.
- Demonstrable experience with management and/or administration for USAID projects, including experience managing sub-contracts and GUCs.
- Knowledge of U.S. government references including OMB Circulars (e.g. A-122), 22 CFR 226 and 22 CFR 228, ADS, FAR, AIDAR, CAS, FFATA, DSSR, and FTR.
- Experience working with Tanzanian civil society organizations.
- Experience managing USAID contracts and/or cooperative agreements.
- Knowledge of USAID rules, regulations and policies, particularly financial reporting and compliance requirements.
- Ability to travel within Tanzania and occasionally internationally, when health and safety concerns regarding COVID-19 diminish.
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications and databases.
- Knowledge and/or experience of management of USAID GUCs.
- Experience with accounting software such as Serenic, Navigator, ERPs, ACCPAC, or others.
- Tanzanian nationals are encouraged to apply.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.