Project Period: 2020- 2021
Funding Agency: DFID
Implementing Institution: UMATI
Chama cha Uzazi na Malezi Bora Tanzania (UMATI) is an autonomous, not for profit, non-political national NGO providing Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) information, education and services in Tanzania. UMATI was established in 1959 and is a full Member Association (MA) of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF); recently re-accredited by IPPF in 2015. UMATI is governed by a well-established policy volunteer structure from the national to community grass roots level.
The Vision and Mission of UMATI is to have a Tanzania where people are free to choose and exercise their SRHR without discrimination through championing Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) agenda and provide information and services targeting the young and the underserved. This project is intended to increase the access to comprehensive SRH/FP services, information and education.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
The overall objective of the assignment is to Establish a 24 HR Interactive Voice Response (IVR) / Call Center system, a person intervention approach that targets communicating, addressing behavior change and increase access to Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) agenda.
The consultant will work in close collaboration with UMATI Team; Executive Director, Head of Programs, Communications Manager, Project Coordinator AND Monitoring and Evaluation Manager to source, install and provide technical support in the overall management of the IVR system and implement targeted SBCC demand creation activities within selected priority regions to increase uptake of the Call Center services.
The Consultant firm will be required to;
1. Design and develop a communication strategy and IVR messages that will be used across different media channels
2. Identify, source and install an IVR that will have on demand SRH/FP information available to targeted callers by connecting to high-tech technology that would make audio response possible.
The IVR system should provide the following;
- On demand information on callers’ application status
- All necessary operating, audiotext, voice prompts, communication, database management and interface software for voice and data
- Applications software
3. Testing and recording of the developed material with regards to SRH/FP and IVR platform
4. Promotion of the IVR platform to the targeted key SRH/FP audiences
5. Quality monitoring of the IVR system and documentation
UMATI is looking for a consultant with the following set of skills, knowledge and experience:
The consultant will be required to have the following:
- A good understanding of the local socio-economic context, particularly of issues relating to health care systems of Tanzania.
- Experience in working with organization working on SRHR / FP
- Capacity to conduct designing, scripting and recording of health related IVR messages
- Experience in developing and implementing community friendly social behavior change demand generation activities
- A year’s minimum experience in supporting the establishment and management of an Interactive Voice Response / Call Center system tailored for health communication
- Record of personnel that demonstrate extensive knowledge and experience in establishment of Interactive Voice Response (IVR) / Call Center systems
- Capacity to promote the IVR / Call Center platform in different communication channels
Method of Application
The application should be addressed to:
Human Resource Manager
OR send the application through email via: firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLY APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED VIA EMAIL WILL BE ACCEPTED
Only shortlisted applicants will be informed by phone call.