Senior Database Administrator
Execute the design, installation, monitoring, security, maintenance, backup and recovery, support, documentation and procedures of all database management systems.
- Perform design, installation, maintenance and upgrade database software and related dependencies (Web Logic applications server and operating systems e.g. Linux, Unix, Solaris and Windows).
- Ensure high performance and availability of the database systems.
- Manage database security.
- Manage database backups and recovery activities.
- Setup and maintain documentation and standards.
- Business understanding of systems in banking, and specifically knowledge of the Core Banking System (Flexcube).
- Technical skills in database administration preferably oracle, MSSQL, MySQL, Postgress and Maria DB. Unix Administration, Middleware services e.g. WebLogic application servers.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Good organization skills with ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Attention to detail
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or any other related discipline.
- Professional certifications OCA and OCP in Oracle Database 11g or higher is mandatory.
- Four years’ experience in Database Administration preferably Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL, Postgress and Maria DB.
- Experience in Operating Systems administration; Linux, Unix, Solaris and Windows.
NMB Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY