Reports to: ATS Tsebo Project Accountant.
- A good understanding of our business
- A working experience in commercial environment
- Good appreciation of tax and other statutory requirements
- Spreadsheet and Accounting software familiarization
- Demonstrable ability in Admin and Logistics support
- Ability to use vested authority to ensure respect and produce result
- Track record of consistent competence and integrity
- Some experience in a catering or mining environment
- Independent worker with little need for supervision
- Responsibilities: –
- Participate in Revenue and Expense budget
- Assistant Accountant will assist the Project Accountant in overseeing this budget and developing cost control measures.
- The budget will be monitored through the accounting software in the camp.
- The Project will be audited periodically and Assistant Accountant must ensure that full cooperation is extended to these auditors and their information requests.
- Collecting various accounting data e.g. Inventories served to prepare and analyze financial income and other accounting statement and reports.
- Assist in maintaining general accounting systems for use by management in controlling expenditure and ensuring compliance with tax laws.
- Assist developing approvals and implementation of accounting standards and procedures to ensure uniform accounting practices, adequate internal controls, and compliance with statutory regulations.
- Cost accounting and General accounting.
- Liaising with department heads, area managers, and others in management on accounting matters and an interpretation and use of related reports.
- Ensuring sound financial record keeping as well as development and maintenance of financial systems and procedures.
- Participate in the preparation of monthly accounts (balance sheet and income statements).
- Balancing all accounts including stocks and cash control accounts, pre-payment accounts, accruals, inter-company accounts etc.
- Stock Control, Stock Levels, Stock Checking, Stock Variances & Spoilages, and Stock Ordering – the Assistant Accountant will oversee all aspects of stock control function including spot checking stock records for accuracy. Spoilages and Variances have to be accounted for.
- Camp Petty Cash or Bank Expense Accounts -The Assistant project accountant will ensure that all expenses have corresponding signed valid receipts and supporting paper work including any necessary valid Tax/VAT receipts for the expenses made.
- MODE OF APPLICATION
Applicants are invited to submit their CVs (indicating the title in the subject matter via email to: – Jangas@tsebo.comor Tyusufali@Tsebo.com
Shortlisted candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 30th March, 2020
Jiunge Nasi Telegram⇒Bonyeza Hapa