Online & Web Reporter
Nafasi za kazi Mwananchi Communications Limited- Online & Web Reporter Mwananchi Communications Limited, a subsidiary of Nation Media Group, and publishers of Mwananchi, The Citizen and Mwanaspoti newspapers and various online products are looking for motivated and highly experienced individual to fill the position of:
ONLINE & WEB REPORTER – (1 Post)
To manage the day-to-day editorial/content of MCL’s website ensuring it’s continuously updated.
- Continuously monitor multiple news feeds on television, radio, blogs, popular media websites and social media (Twitter/FB) for breaking stories.
- Liaise with news desks to identify and craft a coverage strategy for breaking stories of relevance to Mwananchi readers.
- Vet sources and liaise with Managing Editor-Online 6 New Content to ensure overall coverage is CREDIBLE.
- Cover breaking news on social media platforms with speed and accuracy.
- Drive traffic for website by sharing a well screened stories from website to ensure maximum engagement.
- Write up very short articles (3-5 paragraphs) for websites within 20 minutes of initial text bulletin and submit copy to Web editors.
- Retrieve, compile, edit and upload articles and relevant photos to co.tz on a daily basis.
- Promote audience engagement and drive web traffic by pushing stories out on social media (Facebook/Twitter and media sharing via Instagram and Storify).
- Scour news sites, blogs and forums for breaking stories and liaise with news desks and field reporters to verify potential leads.
- Prepare, write up, edit and upload unique content for the online audience. Ensure the presentation of content on our websites is in line with Mwananchi Communication Limited’s house style and editorial policy.
READ >> SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES FOR AFRICAN STUDENTS
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
Academic : Basic University Degree in Journalism/Mass Communication
Professional : Diploma in Journalism
Experience : 3 years working experience in a busy newsroom
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their applications enclosing a detailed CV and Cover Letter, and a day time telephone contact by November 15, 2020.
The deadline for submitting the application is 15 November 2020
MCL is an equal opportunity employer.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY