BACKGROUND CRDB Bank Plc is inviting applications from qualifiedandexperiencedcandidatestofillthe vacant positions existing in the Department of Corporate Banking.
The Bank seeks to recruit highly competent, self-motivated and professional individuals to fill the following positions:
1. Senior Manager; Trade Finance 2. Business Analyst
Mode of Application & Closing Date Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit an Application Letter accompanied with a detailed up to date CV with two work-related referees addressed to the below email with a clear subject of the position applied for not later than 16th April 2020. Hard copies will not be accepted.
1. Senior Manager; Trade Finance Job Summary Responsible to assess credit applications submitted by the customers and prepare comprehensive credit memorandum highlighting all key risks with the appropriate mitigations and recommendation to the management.Managingexpectationofthecustomers by ensuring all credit applications are processed within the agreed Turn Around Time.
Key responsibilities: Strategic Functions ● Develop Trade Finance Unit Strategy in line with the Corporate Banking overall objectives and ambitions of the bank. ● Create a suitable structure for the best trade financeproducts,processandprocedures including an end to end process flow between the front office and back-office functions. ● Ensure to circulate information on regulatory changes by government authorities or regulatory agencies with regards to trade finance products or effect on any products offering ● Liaise with all trade finance stakeholders i.e. customers, correspondent banks, government institutions and other financial institutions to ensure that the Bank’s interests are properly represented and safeguarded. ● Conduct basic statistical analysis to track performance variances and determine the root causes of errors. Make recommendations for productivity or process enhancements. ● Develop Service Level Agreement between relating to trade finance unite and the various stakeholders with the aim to improve service and business efficiency. ● Relationship Management Functions ● Actively disseminate CRDB Trade Finance capabilities through business interaction (clients and staff), formal internal/external presentations demonstrating the bank’s abilities in facilitating trade. ● Identify and negotiate business opportunities with corporate/institutional clients and develop overall strategies for business developmentinordertoincreaseCRDBwallet share. ● Ensure consistent delivery of high-quality services to customers through meeting or exceeding customer expectation guided by the Service Level Agreement. ● Support the relationship team in determining the best solutions to retain existing clients and acquire new clients. ● Prepare a programme for branch visits, workshops and training for branches, Head Office staff, customers and other stakeholders.
● Managerial Functions ● Monitor, analyse and circulate income/performance reports Prepare/review weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports forSeniorManagement,basedontradefinance portfolio performance. ● Coordinate endtoendcollatingandanalysingcustomerinformationonTradeFinance performance onamonthlybasisbycustomerandrelationshipmanager.Flagcustomer accounts showing reduced volumes and initiating remedial action through prescribed action plans. ● Reconciliation and corrective action responsibility for accounting ofportfolioclients, closed pipeline deals/transactions to ensure no income leakage.
Control Functions ● Manage the operational risk of the department to avoid operational/ reputational losses and ensure awareness and full compliance of policies, guidelines, procedures, practices and code of conduct set up by the bank. ● Conduct reviews of the Trade Finance portfolio and recommend appropriate interventions to ensure it performs in line with approved performance indicators and targets. ● Review and contribute to the enhancement of the Trade Finance Manual and other policies for the Bank to ensure that they are aligned with current statutory requirements and enable the CRDB to be competitive in offering Trade products. ● Review all unit reports and related processes and procedures to ensure sound quality control and recommend appropriate interventions in line with the policy. ● Review, develop, monitor and control the budget for the unit to ensure the budget is aligned with the business plan and expenses are controlled within agreed limits.
People Management Functions ● Manage the performance ofsubordinatestaffanddevelopandimplementtrainingand development plans to ensure their performance is aligned with business goals and objectives. ● Build a performance-driven team bysettingSMARTobjectives,constantlyreviewing the department and individual performance againsttheseobjectivesandprovidingthe appropriate support, motivation and guidance to staff to achieve these objectives. ● Responsible for succession planning for key positions, managing the attrition of employees and ensuring that a plan is developed and executed for high potential individuals in the unit.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Requirements ● Bachelor Degree in Banking, Finance, Business Administration or related business subjects from any accredited University, MBA will be an added advantage.
● In-depth knowledge of trade finance products and services available to clients. ● Well-informed of the market competitive structure, industrypracticesandregulations for banking with at least 6 years’ experience in the local environment. ● Strong analytical, problem-solving, decision-making and financial management skills. ● Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, internally and externally. ● Leadership skills.
2. Business Analyst Job Summary Responsible to assess credit applications submitted by the customers and prepare comprehensive credit memorandum highlighting all key risks with the appropriate mitigations and recommendation to the management.Managingexpectationofthecustomers by ensuring all credit applications are processed within the agreed Turn Around Time.
Key responsibilities: ● Assess customer’s business through analysis of the Business and Credit Risks associated with the provision of credit facilities and other banking products to the customers. ● Responsible for developing practical and appropriate credit solutions (i.e. Proper Lending Structures) through the understanding business of the customer and funding requirements. ● Identify key risks and mitigating factors of potential investments and the Borrower, such as legal and ownership structures, professional reputations, customer bases or industry performance. ● Preparer credit applications and recommendations to the approving authorities. ● Facilitate the credit sanctioning process by responding to queries raisedbytheCredit Department and other approving authorities and resolving all outstanding matters by updating the credit proposal with corroborations with the Relationship Managers. ● Conduct pre-sanction visit to business premises of the customer to ascertainbusiness existence and continuity as well as challenges relating to business performance and serviceability of the proposed facilities. ● Maximize the income of the BankbyassessingoverallValueChainoftheBorrowing clients. ● Mitigate Credit RiskExposurethroughathoroughassessmentoftheloanapplications and diversification of portfolio risk. ● MonitorqualityoftheportfolioandNon-PerformingLoantrendonacontinuousbasis by testing complianceoftheapprovedconditions,reviewingaccountconduct,visiting borrowing customers and designing proper risk mitigation solution.
● Responsible for reviewing risk reports and challenging RelationshipManagerswhere control lapses or potential risk has been identified. ● Responsible for managing information produced by customers during and after loan application. ● Proactively contribute to embeddingagreedchangemanagementinitiativesinsupport of process, quality improvements and cost reductions. ● Work in partnership with RMs on new and existing credit applications for providing guidance on credit appetite. ● Assessing the existing framework of credit management in the corporate banking department and report deficiencies and recommend areas for improvement to management. ● Ensure agreed SLAandTATareachievedasperbusinessstandardsascommunicated from time to time. ● Provide better and quality services to the internal and external customers professionally as per Core Values of the Bank. ● Demonstrate leadership skills by portraying commitment to the assigned tasks, team work spirit and enhanced communications with the relevant stakeholders. ● Responsible for provision of the status of the loan application and updating loan tracker on a daily basis. ● Liaise and guide other units in the department of Corporate Banking and other relevant Departments such that credit facilities sought aresensibleandconformingto the predetermined policies, process and procedures. ● Ensure proper implementation of the Internal Risk Policies, Procedures and compliance to the Regulatory Policies. ● Attending All Assigned Mandatory Training. ● Share best practice and knowledge to the team and other Departments of the Bank.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Requirements ● Bachelor Degree in Banking, Finance, Business Administration or related business subjects from any accredited University. ● Possession of professional Credit certification. ● Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Corporate or Investment Banking with the commercial lending background. ● Credit Risk assessment skills. ● Financial and lending analysis skills. ● Decision-making capability and portfolio management. ● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. ● Excellent verbal and written communication skills. ● Understanding of Tanzania loan market. ● Sales and negotiation skills.
● Products knowledge for SMEs, FI and Corporate clients. ● Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
Mode of Application & Closing Date
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit an Application Letter accompanied with a detailed up to date CV with two work-related referees addressed to the below email with a clear subject of the position applied for not later than 16th April 2020.
Hard copies will not be accepted. Email- HeadofficeRecruitment@crdbbank.com