REPOA is an independent policy research institution established in 1994 to undertake research, capacity building, and policy engagement on various aspects of economic growth and human development. It is one of the leading research organization in Tanzania, and among the top Think Tanks in Sub- Saharan Africa. REPOA is currently implementing a two-year multi-sectored, multi-layered collaborative programme aiming to enhance Tanzania’s trade competitiveness and diversification. The programme focuses on the five value chains of logistics, leather, horticulture, rice, and seaweed.
For the purposes of implementing this programme, REPOA is currently seeking applications from qualified individuals to fill the position of a Training Assistant focusing on Agriculture Trade Actors and Support Institutions.
The Training Assistant is expected to coordinate day-to-day administration and logistics of tailored training as part of a multidisciplinary team of trade policy trainers and in line with REPOA’s research programme and its mandate.
Summary of duties and responsibilities
- Ensure effective logistics before and during implementation of training to trade support actors and institutions in the five value chains of logistics, leather, horticulture, rice, and seaweed including: liaison with participants and venues, undertaking administrative preparation of course materials in liaison with the trainers, supporting trainers with formatting and branding of materials and ensuring the smooth running of tailored trainings;
- Manage all training applications from initial enquiry stage to participation and follow-up, ensuring high quality of service delivery and responsiveness to trade supporting actors and institutions’ needs;
- Support the development of training needs assessment surveys, feedback and monitoring systems;
- Provide technical inputs and support in the development of appropriate training design/methodology for trade support actors and institutions in the five value chains of logistics, leather, horticulture, rice, and seaweed;
- Provide technical inputs in the analysis of training participants for reporting on the training programme;
- Provide support on filing, organising and archiving of training materials;
- Assist with any other tasks required to support the programme’s research and training team in terms of scheduled trainings;
- Participate in selective and strategic policy forums and networking events, both within the country and outside the country (regional, and international);
- Participate in various committees formed by the government of Tanzania and other development agencies at national, regional and global levels as shall be deemed strategic to the institution’s mandate;
- Provide input to REPOA strategic planning, annual planning, and monitoring of results;
- A masters’ degree in social sciences or other relevant field with a relevant work experience (at least two years of office experience) in a training, research or academic organisation Excellent IT and formatting skills (Microsoft Office)
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with or willingness to learn how to use webinar software and e-learning platforms Ability to work under pressure, to multi-task and prioritise Good numerical skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Efficient and organised with good attention to detail
- Experience in organising events such as seminars, workshops or conferences
- Understanding of the trade and agriculture sector
- Knowledge of/interest in civil society strengthening, organisational development, capacity building, and/or work in developing countries Experience with Microsoft Teams, Skype or Zoom
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam but with high likelihood of regional travel
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the qualified applicant in line with REPOA’s scheme of service.
The position will be on contract of six months, with the possibility of renewal.
Mode of Application
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to apply and should send their typed application letter clearly marked “Application for a Training Assistant” and detailed CV including three referees to the addressee below by 30th June 2020.
The Executive Director, REPOA
157 Mgombani/REPOA Streets, Regent Estate
P.O. Box 33223, Dar es Salaam
Phone: (22) 2700083 / 0784 555 655
Fax: (22) 2775738
Only selected applicants who meet the above requirements will be considered for an interview. Those who do not hear from REPOA two weeks after the expiry date should consider themselves unsuccessful.
REPOA is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply.
Jiunge Nasi Telegram⇒Bonyeza Hapa