Nafasi za kazi Britam Insurance – Accounts Assistant The role holder will be responsible for assisting in preparing financial accounts in a timely manner. The role shall report to the Senior Accountant.
- Assist in daily receipting process
- Assist in bank reconciliations as may be required
- Assist in GL reconciliation as may be required
- Assist in processing expenses payments and invoices accurately and within expected time periods
- Assisting in preparation and processing of claims payments
- Provide clerical support for the finance team
- Assist in administrative issues as may be required
- Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments’ strategy map, Balanced Scorecard and Personal Scorecard.
Accuracy of posting & payments
Compliance to accounting and company standards
- Accountable to the Senior Accountant
- Required to liaise and work closely with all staff
- Britam customers
- Service providers
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Bachelor degree (Accounting option preferred) or its equivalent.
- Knowledge of insurance regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of Britam products
Learning and Researching: Rapidly learns new tasks and commits information to memory quickly; demonstrates an immediate understanding of newly presented information; gathers comprehensive information to support decision making at management level; learns from successes and failures and seeks colleague and customer feedback.
READ >> FULL FUNDED SHOLARSHIP FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Working with People: Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
Applying Expertise and Technology: Applies specialist and technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; exhibits high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains own quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
Following Instructions and Procedures: Follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates commitment to the organisation; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
Adhering to Principles and Values: Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; accepts diversity; display individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organisational values during every day interactions.
The deadline for submitting the application is 21 November 2020
CLICK HERE TO APPLY