Sub Editors (2 Post)
Nafasi 2 za kazi Mwananchi Communications Limited- Sub Editors Mwananchi Communications Limited, a subsidiary of Nation Media Group, and publishers of Mwananchi, The Citizen and Mwanaspoti
newspapers and various online products are looking for motivated and highly experienced individual to fill the position of:
SUB EDITOR – MWANANCHI (2 Post)
- Checks and corrects editorial copy allocated by the Chief Sub- Editor for facts, accuracy, taste, house-style, language use, clarity, details, objectivity, and spellings.
- Subs copy to fit allocated space without distorting facts or dispensing with the salient points.
- Re-writes the copy as necessary for simplicity, clarity and style.
- Rewrites the appropriate headline for the copy, ensuring it reflects the overriding message of the story.
- Edits the pictures selected by the Chief Sub-Editor to fit the allocated space, and writes/rewrites appropriate caption taking care not to merely state the obvious details.
- Submits the edited copy to the Chief Sub-Editor within set deadlines.
- Makes up the editorial pages as directed by the Chief Sub-Editor.
- Assists the product editor to ensure deadline pullout is compiled to plan
- Checks all headlines, captions, pictures, copy text and page logos and all other page elements to sign the pages within set deadlines.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Academic : Basic University Degree in Journalism/Mass Communication
- Professional : Diploma in Journalism
- Experience : 4-5 years working experience in a busy newsroom
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their applications enclosing a detailed CV and copies of professional certificates, and a day time telephone contact by October 22, 2020 to;
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online via our career portal https://careers.mcl.co.tz.
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
MCL is an equal opportunity employer.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY