Job Vacancies At Kilombero Sugar Company Limited-Farm Manager January 2023
Job Vacancies At Kilombero Sugar Company Limited-Farm Manager January 2023 Kilombero Sugar Company Limited (KSCL), the largest producer of sugar in the country operating cohesively with Illovo Distillers Tanzania Limited (IDTL) and a member of Illovo Sugar Africa Limited (Africa’s largest sugar producer). The Company now invites applicants who are self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill above mentioned position at Kilombero.Farm Manager Job At Kilombero Sugar Company Limited
The Farm Manager – Agronomy is responsible for providing direction and technical guidance on crop varieties, crop nutrition, crop protection (weed control and Pest + Disease control) and irrigation to ensure long-term optimization of yield and cost of production as well as promoting and supporting the embedding of agronomic best practices for Country agriculture teams
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support adoption and embedding of agreed best practices, frameworks, minimum standards and processes for agronomy and crop production teams.
- Support in implementation and management of sugarcane agronomic trials as required by the head of agricultural optimization as part of a continuous productivity initiative.
- Participate in training of farm teams on sugarcane husbandry practices or activities from planting to harvesting.
- Participate in the management of Estate nursery fields, monitor seed quality, and ensure regular disease inspections are carried out as per schedules
- Conduct surveys of all commercial and nursery fields, for pests and diseases, and communicate infestation/infection levels to the relevant parties
- Ensure all agronomic data is captured for trend analysis, reporting and decision making.
- Support agronomic optimization by adopting new technologies and methods and ensure continuous improvement by implementing best practices and conducting regular system checks.
- Participate in developing new SOPs per requirements and assure performance against agronomy related SOPs
- Promote and adhere to Illovo’s procedures, policies and guidelines, including, without limitation, those relating to SHERQ, Competition Law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC)
- BSc in Agronomy, General Agriculture or equivalent from a recognized institution • 2+ years’ experience in sugar cane agriculture
- Above average computer literacy
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Organizational skills
- Creative and innovate
- Team player
- Overall desire to learn and adapt to new concepts
Terms of Service:
The successful candidate will be engaged on a permanent contract.
All interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, please click here to apply for the position before 30th December 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Kilombero Sugar Company Limited is an equal opportunity employer.
Women and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.