Ilula Orphan Program is a Non-Government Organization originally incorporated under Societies Act CAP 337 on August 27, 2003 and later registered under Non-Government Organizations Act, 2002 on August 15, with registration number 00NGO/R2/000374. IOP head offices are located in Kilolo District, Mazombe Division, Ilula Ward Masukanzi Hamlet.
IOP is looking for qualified Tanzanians to fill the following vacancy below….
Position: NANNIES (2 POSTS) (Women Only)
We are looking for a responsible, morally exemplary Nanny to look after our children. The Nanny will create a safe, healthy, fun environment for our children. A nanny will transport our children to and from play grounds and extramural activities, collect them from school and run errands. You will be responsible for overseeing children’s daily schedules, providing support to staff, maintaining childcare facilities, and developing appropriate educational activities.
To succeed in this role, you must be compassionate, friendly, and willing to work a flexible schedule. Successful candidates should also possess the ability to interact with children in a positive and productive manner. You need to look after children, plants and the home environment as if they were your own. Preferred applicants are competent, organized and kind.
- Performing household chores such as sweeping, doing dishes and children’s laundry.
- Ensuring clean and tidy home environment all times
- Develop and monitor schedules to ensure that children have enough rest, physical activity, and playtime.
- When necessary, administer first-aid to children.
- Assist children, individually or in groups, with lesson projects and homework.
- Maintain excellent verbal and written communication with matron and head of department
- Maintaining a safe workplace by monitoring children for health, behavioral, and emotional issues and reporting concerns to matron and staff.
- Helping children discover new interests by introducing them to art, music, sports, and other potential hobbies.
- Ensuring children are learning positive behaviors and providing guidance or approved discipline, as needed.
- Preparing children to enter the next level of care or for entry into school.
- Keeping records relating to child care.
- Working with guardians to help children progress towards educational and behavioral goals
- Watering plants and flower beds effectively.
- Bottle-feeding infants and changing diapers when required.
- Entertaining infants, keeping them warm, happy and clean at all times, and playing with them.
- Collecting children from school.
- Administering medicine with matron’s consent, if necessary
- Giving children lunch and in-between snacks, encouraging them to assist with household chores, helping them with homework, and supervising them during play.
- Transporting and collecting children to and from play dates and extramural activities.
- Running errands as required.
- Discipline children, when necessary and in accordance with IOP principles
- Create a nurturing and stimulating environment
- Perform household chores such as sweeping, doing dishes and children’s laundry
- Prepare and serve meals.
- Maintaining log books for the guardians
- Performing other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Diploma in social welfare, Community development or related field from recognized institutions, Three years child care experience.
OTHER SKILLS/CRETERION NEEDED
- Proficient knowledge of home safety and first aid
- Proficient knowledge of housekeeping and meal preparation.
- Outstanding verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Affinity for children
- Good moral character and pleasant disposition.
- Physically fit, energetic, agile and dexterous
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants are to send their hand written application letter attached with academic certificate, birth certificate, Curriculum vitae, to Admin@ioptanzania.org OR submit applications by hand to Ilula Orphan Program up to July 25th, 2020. Applications are to be addressed to the following address;
Board of Trustees,
Ilula Orphan Program,
P. O. BOX 151,
MAZOMBE – IRINGA.
NB: Apply to the strength of this advert Only qualified candidates will be contacted for interview.