Information Management Assistant
Employment band: I – Non-manager
Contract type: National contract
Employment Duration: Till 12/31/2020
Reports to: Protection Manager
Roles reporting to this position: No direct reports
Geographic scope: Base (Kibondo)
This role has a base focus for Mtendeli and Nduta camps is based in the DRC Kibondo office. The role ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines at base level. The role contributes to the development of base strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks.
Overall purpose of the role
- Responsible for managing and coordinating the Information Management system of DRC protection programmes, including IM and database support to programme colleagues.
- Reporting, archiving, and support to other data collection and data entry needs.
- Coordinating with DRC field and programme staff to support all information management and monitoring needs.
- Creating PM tools in KoBo Toolbox, data management for protection monitoring.
- Analyse data and information using appropriate tools (e.g. tables, graphs etc.)
- Use analysed data so as to draft monthly protection monitoring reports.
- Ensure confidentiality of source documents and of information and data collected.
- Maintain and manage the online database for protection monitoring.
- Support Team Leaders in technical application of the database in instances where the data entry is undertaken by programme staff.
- Support programme colleagues in case of any technical difficulties or questions regarding the database and IM in general; provide trainings for colleagues on how to use the database.
- Generate monitoring reports and perform backup operations; contribute to the formatting and development of documents regarding collected data.
- Support to coding of online tools and Kobo/ODK forms.
- Perform data quality checks of the database on a weekly basis, reporting any issues and changes to the IM field coordinator.
- Manage phones, keeping safe, updated with correct forms, data uploaded and keep tracking the changes on the Kobo tools.
- Ensure information regarding beneficiaries is consolidated into one database and is up-to-date; identify missing data and follow up with Team Leaders.
- Support in providing beneficiary lists and data for monitoring activities, including PDM and evaluation reports.
- Apply data program techniques and procedures.
- In line with DRC’s Information Management SoPs, keep all data protected and confidential.
Required experience and competencies
- At least 1 year’s relevant experience at the national or international level in information management, database management, mapping and web development
- Strong knowledge of KoBo Toolbox and excel, and knowledge of at least one other platform database
- Basic data analysis experience and knowledge
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in local language
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Diploma in Information Technology, Information Systems, Statistics, Social Sciences or a relevant field – or equivalent professional qualification
DRC as an employer
- By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
- Read more here about what our employees say about working in DRC.
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process. Visit drc.ngo to read more about what we do to secure robust safeguarding mechanisms.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
Application due: 7/31/2020.
Jiunge Nasi Telegram⇒Bonyeza Hapa