Program Officer Adolescent and Youth Services
“Sometimes in life there is that moment when it’s possible to make a change for the better. This is one of those moments.”
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and supporting close to 6,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to facilitate access to services for those already infected.Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
Job title: Program Officer Adolescent and Youth Services
Reporting to: Senior Technical Advisor — Pediatric & Adolescent Services
Job grade: Grade 5
The program Officer for Adolescent and Youth services will be responsible for the planning, implementation and monitoring of adolescent and youth friendly services. Adolescent services are targeted to be implemented at 100 sites but the number of sites will change from time to time depending on the availability of funds.The adolescent and Youth Program Officer will also contribute to the development of standard of care package for adolescent and youth living with HIV/AIDS. The Program Officer Adolescents and Youth Services will function as part of the team to provide technical leadership in facilitating adolescent and youth activities at the site and community in Dodoma and Singida Regions to ensure increased support that ensures smooth transition to adulthood with adherence to treatment services
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading, planning and implementation of initiatives to respond to adolescent and youth challenges in the supported regions
- Mentor, coach and support individual adolescents and youth on personal, social and educational growth and live and encouraging greater social inclusion; also support implementation of CECAP services in the project regions
- Monitoring and implementation oversight by developing site level adolescents and youth services activity implementation plan with clear time line, responsible individual and output Documentation and Reporting program activities quaterly and annual report that inform actual implementation of the progress, challenges and propose a clear way forward
- Representation and Other Duties willingness to work during the week days and occasionally weekends as some of adolescent and youth activities are conducted during weekends
- Doctor of medicine (MD) with interest working with adolescent and youths
- Bachelor degree in clinical medicine or equivalents with experience working in adolescent and youth projects
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Previous experience in working with government entities particularly LGAs with focus HIV /AIDS or adolescent and youth projects
- In-depth knowledge and understanding on children, adolescents and youth friendly health services
- Strong and analytical writing skills, reporting writing and presentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Experience in coordination and working with other partners including local CBOs and NGOs
- Experience in using different Microsoft applications and statistical analysis packages is an additional advantage
HOW TO APPLY
- EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and relevant certificates explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to EGPAF.
- Submissions to be sent to:
Senior Human Resource Manager,
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation,
395 Ursino Park, Mwai Kibaki Road, Morocco.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Or e-mail:
- Closing date: March 6th 2020
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.