JIUNGE MAGROUP YETU YA WHATSAPP. BONYEZA HAPA
Senior Governance Specialist – Public Sector at World Bank
Senior Governance Specialist – Public Sector
Job #: req6758
Organization: World Bank
Sector: Public Sector Development
Term Duration: 2 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Location: Dar Es Salaam,Tanzania
Required Language(s): English, Swahili
Closing Date: 4/15/2020 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
We are on a mission to change the world; do you want to join us where it matters the most? Invest in your personal and professional development and acquire the skills that are vital for a global career in international development!
Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. Visit www.worldbank.org.
We are seeking to recruit a senior governance specialist to support the work of the Governance Global Practice (GGP) in Tanzania, as part of the World Bank’s Tanzania country program!
Job duties and responsibilities
- Perform core tasks in the World Bank’s task team supporting the Citizen-Centric Judicial Modernization Project. This will include engagement and coordination with the Tanzanian Judiciary, provision of technical guidance with respect to the project, and facilitating the team in engagement with the client. It will also entail project management, monitoring implementation progress and results, providing progress updates, and coordinating and participating in review missions by the task team.
- Represent the GGP in the World Bank task team supporting the preparation and implementation of the Digital Tanzania project, including leading the component on One Stop Shops for administrative services. This will entail engagement with Tanzanian clients, providing technical guidance on design and implementation, monitoring of progress and results, and administrative tasks.
- Contribute to strategic thinking and direction of the World Bank’s governance program in Tanzania, and support the development of new projects and engagements as appropriate. Support GGP in-country governance dialogue with key stakeholders such as senior government officials, development partners, members of parliament, state owned enterprises and parastatals, and civil society. Support strengthening of governance in sectors.
- Lead and contribute to governance-related Advisory Services and Analytics (ASAs), including quantitative and qualitative analysis of governance practices and measures. Provide analysis and updates on governance developments in Tanzania activities to Country Management Unit (CMU) and GGP. Contribute to key World Bank reviews such as the Country Policy and Institutional Assessment (CPIA) and other strategy documents. Undertake administrative tasks as needed.
- Master’s degree in relevant field (such as public finance, public administration, economics, accounting, public policy) and eight years of relevant work experience.
- In-depth knowledge of the Tanzania governance landscape in such areas as public administration, rule of law, justice sector, political economy, accountability and integrity institutions, civil service, public financial management, digital economy and state-owned enterprises.
- Substantial experience in supporting governments to develop and implement governance reforms.
- Strong reform facilitation and client engagement skills.
- Solid analytical skills.
- Project management experience
- Strong writing and communication skills in English.
- Team player and ability to work in diverse teams.
The World Bank Group Core Competencies: https://bit.ly/2kbIA7O
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.
JIUNGE GROUP LETU LA TELEGRAM. BONYEZA HAPA