Reaching the Unreached Tanzania (RUT), is a voluntary based non-governmental, non-profit
making and non-partisan organization working with numerous national and international partners to
address key sexual and reproductive health issues and promoting access to justice in Tanzania
through implementing result and evidence-based interventions. RUT is dedicated to protect and
promote the dignity, well-being and rights of marginalized groups particularly adolescent girls and
young women (AGYW), adult women, and children.
RUT seeks to provide Tanzanians (particularly young people) with a unique opportunity to take a
front seat in supporting and helping local community to address social-economic problems, develop
crucial skills and grow through different organization opportunities. With the above background
RUT is pleased to announce the following job position:
Position Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) – Intern
Location: Dodoma region
Report to: Director of Programs
The MEAL Intern will specifically be assisting in designing and implementing of M&E activities of
the organization; assisting the Programme/Project Manager in preparing Quarterly/Annual reports
on project progress to monitor the project activities on a regular basis, uploading project
data/information on the corporate databases and assist in collection & analysis of different data in
relation to the project activities.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning Intern will work in close collaboration with
the project team and Government officials, private sector, and other key stakeholders.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Design and Implement the M&E System:
- Participate in developing and implementing the organization result based M&E plan to generate regular information related to the progress of the projects implementation.
- Participate in designing data collection tools, templates, and assist in regular data collection or generation process.
- Provide support to the M & E specialist in his/her technical assistance to projects staff on implementing the M&E plan.
- Participate in data collection and analysis to determine progress achieved.
2. Organization Information Management
- Assist in tracking the project’s output and outcome level results on the periodic basis in close coordination with the project’s implementing team as well as with donors.
- Support data collection, verification and compilation from the field as stipulated in the M&E plan.
- Review and compile monitoring reports, project progress reports, evaluation reports, photographs, case studies video documentaries, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Update and maintain the project database.
- In collaboration with staff, draft data-based outcome stories, success stories and articles for review and consideration.
- In collaboration with M&E Officer and other staff, develop relevant and quality social media content
- Support partners and staff in other knowledge management and communication needs.
- Collaborate with program staff on using electronic resources to better manage the program.
- In collaboration with M&E Officer, and other staff, conduct audio-visual documentation of various program initiatives as needed.
3. M&E Development Support
- Support the M&E in providing technical support to staff members for all M&E related activities including training of staff members on M&E concepts, skills, and tools.
- Assist the M&E to build the capacities of the project intermediaries for enhancing skills and knowledge for proper and quality data collection and reporting.
- Contribute to design TOR, training materials, communication materials, and knowledge products related to the projects and M&E System.
4. Quality Assurance
- Assist in reviewing field-level assessment reports, baseline studies, and evaluation reports.
- Support the M&E to ensure that reports are complete and meet the RUT’s standards and quality requirements.
- Assist in the quality assessments of project design, implementation, and closure based on
- RUT’s corporate quality assurance standards.
5. Reporting and Documentation
- Work with the project team to prepare periodic reports of the projects by providing M&E related information.
- Work with the Communication Specialist to collect and/or assist to collect case stories, best
- practice documentation, lesson learn; and update and manage that information in project’s reports and other knowledge products.
- Support Project Managers to ensure that lessons learned from the projects evaluations are documented properly in the corporate databases.
- Contribute to developing and managing knowledge products (knowledge management) of the projects.
6. General responsibility:
- Participate in virtual internal and external monitoring through assisting in organizing and facilitating various events such as meetings, workshops, conferences, and seminars.
- Work closely with the project team and relevant stakeholders for monitoring and evaluation
- of project interventions.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities related to M&E as assigned by the line manager/supervisor.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the RUT’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of RUT
- Organizes and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources, and multiple reporting relationships
- Plans coordinate and organizes workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support.
- Attitude for learning and enhancing skills.
- Upholds patient confidentiality.
- Keen to work flexible hours
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- University Degree in Statistics, monitoring and evaluation, informatics, epidemiology, social work, nursing, medicine, public health, public relations, communications, or related
- disciplines with at least sound knowledge in designing, implementing M&E related tasks.
- Knowledge on writing reports, and designing tools for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
- Good interpersonal, communications, and facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of managing databases.
- Analytical knowledge including knowledge of Microsoft applications and other data analysis software.
- Working knowledge of the English language along with writing and communication skills.
- RUT interns are not entitled to any monthly based payment.
- RUT accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship
- Interns are expected to work full time but flexibility is allowed for special cases
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and CV (combined in as one document) including names and contact information of three referees before close of business on Friday 2nd October, 2020 to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, Reaching the Unreached Tanzania (RUT) by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, in the subject line of the email please write
“MEAL Intern Position” or dropped physically at the RUT Head Office located at Area E-Ipagala
Street Nearby Summit Hotel, Emaus Road, Block H, Plot No 8.