JIUNGE NASI WHATSAPP TU FOLLOW. BONYEZA HAPA
Job Opportunity at NIRAS-Country Office Director March 2021
Country Office Director – NIRAS
Job Opportunity at NIRAS-Country Office Director March 2021 We are seeking a Country Office Director with sound knowledge of good business development practices, service delivery, team management as well as the highest ethical standards, for the NIRAS team in Tanzania. The person needs to be experienced in International Development in consulting firms or other organizations, with strong writing skills in English.
Terms of Reference
The Country Office Director will manage the NIRAS Tanzania staff, grow our business, ensure the highest quality standards of delivery, and ensure that the statutory and business compliance requirements of the company are met in full. S/he will be part of the NIC Africa Regional Head Office, reporting to the Regional Director in Nairobi. S/he should be well-organized, able to produce high quality reports, have a strong business development acumen as well as operational management skills. This is a full-time role.
Experienced in International Development in Consulting firms or other organizations, with strong writing skills in English is needed.
- Committed and enthusiastic to work in a diverse and young environment: flexible and proactive in the role – you do what it takes to get the job done.
- Proactive and able to multi-task between business development, operational management, and delivery with ease.
- An experienced leader and manager who has a collaborative style and fosters positive team dynamics.
- A matrix manager and an initiative taker – comfortable in an environment not driven by hierarchy.
- Focused on client needs and comfortable working directly with clients across all levels of seniority.
- An ambassador for NIRAS, able to represent the company at different international and national fora.
- Have exceptional ethics and integrity.
- International candidates should preferably be residing in-country with resident status.
Areas of Responsibility: –
- Maintain the NIRAS office as a contact point with on-going projects, and donors.
- Maintain close relations with key donors, maintain an updated list of contacts in the donor network.
- Systematically gather information regarding key clients and funding agents’ strategies and plans for development programs.
- Follow and analyze the national priorities for development cooperation and other investments, in NIC’s key sectors.
- Maintain a network with funding agents, clients, ministries, and potential partners.
- Share information on donors’ strategies important for the regional market.
- Update the NIRAS market pipeline (CVPT) with opportunities in Tanzania in liaison with the Business Development Manager.
- Support other NIRAS international staff in establishing and developing networks in Tanzania.
- Participate in meetings/workshops/events that may be important for NIRAS in Tanzania.
- Take lead in all NIRAS Tanzania activities. Work closely with other NIC Offices and NIRAS Business Units in EOI and tender preparations for NIRAS in Tanzania.
- Lead or support tender preparations for NIRAS tenders in Tanzania, including fact finding missions, organizing meetings with key local stakeholders, contact and negotiation with potential partners and staff during tender processes.
- Submit EOIs and tenders locally and participate in official openings.
- Advice NIRAS colleagues on local rules and regulations including tender budget and local cost estimates.
- Build and develop a strong network with potential partners, national and international consultants for work in Tanzania.
- Oversee the delivery of the marketing and tendering tasks by the Tanzania Business Development Manager.
C. Office Management
In liaison with the Finance and Administration Manager; –
- Ensure full compliance with NIRAS Integrity Management System (IMS), including adherence by all staff following NIRAS quality systems in tendering and PM.
- Ensure full compliance with Tanzania Tax and Employment laws, rules and regulations by nationals and expatriates.
- Ensure that NIC is learning from our projects in dialogue with Business Development Directors (BDDs) and Project Managers (PMs).
- Prevent and recognize risks to projects and to the Company.
- Ensure return on investments.
- Develop and follow up on the Country business plan and the activity plan (NIRAS format) for the office. This should be updated quarterly according to NIRAS format – and coordinated with the AHOD.
- Provide forecasts and budgets to the Africa Head Office and the NIRAS Group Finance Manager as required.
- Supervise NIRAS local financial administration in Tanzania, sign for local bank accounts, signatory on NIRAS projects in country/region, ensure proper book-keeping, provide regular financial reports to the NIRAS Group, and maintain an asset record.
- Ensure that the budget for the Tanzania Office is followed and provide early warnings on possible deviations to the NIC Finance Manager
- Negotiation with banks on fees and others to ensure affordable and sensible bank business solutions, both for NIRAS office and projects.
- Develop opportunities for the office to provide paid services to on-going NIRAS programs in the region, including facilitation of workshops, staff contract management and obtaining needed permits and exemption certificates.
D. Staff Management
- Definition and updating of job descriptions, and employee development meetings and salary negotiations in collaboration with the Africa Head Office Director (AHOD).
- Develop individual staff targets in line with the NIC objectives and actions.
- In agreement with the AHOD recruit/dismiss employees to ensure that the business unit has the right employees to meet the needs of the market and the customers.
- Stimulate a conducive working environment and wellbeing in the office.
- Engage, motivate, and provide direction for the staff in fulfilling the office’s visions and goals.
- Responsible for maintaining and development of project management and tender capacities.
- Ensure that staff complete timesheets for billable and non-billable work.
E. Project Management
- Be involved in client negotiations for projects, as necessary.
- Ensure efficient and effective PM of both Country Office (CO) and Head Office (HO) projects using the NIRAS Project Manual for high quality delivery.
- Ensure the use of the Project Risk Management tool by Project Managers
- Consolidate the Project Risk Log for all ongoing projects and submit to the AHOD as required.
F. Across NIC activities
- Attend and contribute to the Africa COD meetings and other NIC across meetings, as necessary.
- Ensure that staff are well versed with decisions made by the EMT, as necessary.
- Ensure that staff are part of the learning and development process in NIC.
- Post graduate qualification with a minimum of 5 years of proven leadership, managerial and program experience in development and/or business.
- Results focused orientation with proven track record of delivery.
- Ability to manage and motivate a highly qualified team of professionals in different fields.
- Solid understanding of financial management and budgeting.
- Proficiency in English and Kiswahili (spoken and written).
- Experience leading and managing large complex projects budgets, delivering, and reporting results, and ensuring compliance with donor requirements.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to build coalitions, negotiate, and manage conflict situations.
- Outstanding communication skills with ability to clarify vision and strategy.
- Genuine respect for the skills and perspectives of communities, partner organizations and the private sector.
- Excellent report writing skills and working knowledge of computers and MS Office software package.
- Demonstrated success in cultivating and maintaining relationships with donors/clients of all kinds: government, individuals, private sector, and private foundations.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications which include a detailed CV, cover letter and contacts of 3 references via email to [email protected] by 26th March 2021.
Hardcopies will not be accepted.