JIUNGE MAGROUP YETU YA WHATSAPP. BONYEZA HAPA
Job Opportunity at Marie Stopes Tanzania (MST) – Projects Lead 2022
Job Opportunity at Marie Stopes Tanzania (MST) – Projects Lead 2022 Marie Stopes Tanzania (MST), a Non-Governmental Organization, is a social enterprise and a leading provider of family planning, sexual and reproductive health care and allied services. MST is a partner of the Government of Tanzania and a member of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) Global Partnership, which operates in over 37 countries worldwide. MST is committed to its employees, clients, children and vulnerable adults’ protection, and has zero tolerance to any sort of harassment. MST promotes a speaking up culture whereby employees work transparently and are empowered to report any existence or potential existence of harassment at workplaces..
MST’s mission is that all women and men in Tanzania will have “Children by Choice, Not Chance”.
We are looking for an active & qualified individual for the following role below….
Reporting to Senior Program Director, Projects Lead is a key member of the project leadership team and is responsible and accountable for ensuring the projects are implemented efficiently and effectively, meet agreed targets, results, and key performance indicators (KPIs), and deliver good value for money. S/he will ensure that donor standards are reached in the implementation of the projects and that all technical specifications of the projects are delivered to a high quality.
The Projects Lead will work with MSI’s team in London to refine and adjust the programme approach to maximise opportunities, mitigate risks, and continue to deliver high impact.
S/he will be the face of projects to the government, donors and other development partners. The Projects Lead will work closely with the Ministry of Health at central level as well as regional and district level and supports their targets for sexual and reproductive health. S/he will work closely with the Ministry of Health to integrate the projects into ongoing sexual and reproductive health initiatives and projects, and to engage in relevant policy dialogue and advocacy.
Among Key Responsibilities:
· Provide overall strategic leadership, technical, operational, financial, and managerial leadership for successful implementation of project activities for the programme team at country level, ensuring collaboration with partners and coordination across implementation geographic areas following donors’ & MSI’s compliance, standards and workplans.
· Foster a positive and encouraging team atmosphere, supporting team members to develop and excel in their positions while ensuring the program is technically sound, evidence-based, and consistent with funders and stakeholders’ priorities.
· Provide an oversight of program implementation including all activities, outputs, and outcomes related to project management and administration, including reporting, budget development and monitoring, monitoring & evaluation, financial transactions, execution of project plans, and project performance while considering value for money.
· Supports the Technical Director by advising on program management, organizational development, pre-service education, in-service training, capacity building, and collaboration among Government, partners, and stakeholders.
2. Governance/ Programme Management
· Ensure compliance with donor requirements at all levels and provide guidance to the partners on donor compliance.
· Effectively manage the project budget, ensuring efficient use of resources, and managing expenditure in line with the agreed budget while adhering to guidelines in MSI’s project cycle management manual.
· Compile and submit regular technical and financial reports to projects Donors Tanzania, ensuring all reports are reviewed by the required approvers internally as per agreed workplans.
· Representation and promoting of MSI through advocacy, presentations, and participation in country, regional, and international technical forums and engage and influence the Ministry of Health and associated institutions, bi-lateral and multi-lateral agencies, government institutes and authorities at central, regional, and local level, and other relevant stakeholders.
· Uphold all MSI core values, lead by example, and promote the “One Team, One Spirit” approach.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Project Management/ Social Science courses or any relevant field from an accredited university.
- 10- year hands-on experience in delivering clinical family planning and sexual & reproductive health programming in sub-Saharan Africa or a similar context at a senior level of management.
- Demonstrated experience in managing large and complex programme.
- Demonstrated experience in leading consortia and managing local & international implementing partners to deliver results across a range of work streams.
- Strong communication and team management skills including ability to consistently deliver under challenging environment.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and highly dynamic.
- Demonstrated capacity to manage financial resources effectively and transparently to achieve maximum impact and value for money.
- Demonstrated diplomatic, management and communication skills to liaise and advocate with government, donors, and other key stakeholders.
- Pro- choice and compassionate about people in need of sexual & reproductive health services.
- Results focused & solution oriented.
- The highest level of integrity with strong ethical attitude.
- Approachable with strong interpersonal & listening skills with ability to empower others.
- Flexible, agile, and self-motivated.
Mode of Application:
If you feel that you are able to meet the requirements, and you are motivated enough to be part of the team, please send your application CV and cover letter by email detailing your suitability and why you are interested in the post, to the address below:
Director of Human Resources and Administration
Marie Stopes Tanzania
Plot 421 & 422 Mwenge | Kijitonyama area
P.O. Box 7072, Dar es Salaam | Tanzania.
Telephone: +255 22 2774991-4, +255 22 2702030-2
Closing date: All applications should reach the addressee before Monday October 24, 2022. Only short- listed candidates will be contacted.
JIUNGE GROUP LETU LA TELEGRAM. BONYEZA HAPA