JIUNGE NASI WHATSAPP TU FOLLOW. BONYEZA HAPA
Job Opportunity at HJFMRI-Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Program Advisor- TPDF Program
Job Opportunity at HJFMRI-Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Program Advisor- TPDF Program Join us in our efforts to end the HIV epidemic in Tanzania. Be part of the winning team to advance global health and save the lives of people living with HIV.
About HJFMRI Tanzania Program
The Walter Reed Program Tanzania (WRP-T) is a collaborative effort that supports PEPFAR-funded HIV prevention and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands and within the Tanzania People’s Defense Forces (TPDF). HJF Medical Research International, Inc Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) is a local non-profit that has supported these efforts since 2004 for the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR). PEPFAR activities are conducted in close collaboration with the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children; and the President’s Office of the Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), through the Regional and Council Health Management Teams.
HJFMRI-T provides care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming, providing resources, personnel, and services to the Southern Highlands Zone. The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital to becoming a hub for antiretroviral treatment in the zone; to community support through decentralized services, with the overall objective of implementing research, clinical HIV, prevention, care, and treatment services. HJFMRI-T currently focuses specifically on four regions in the Southern Highlands zone, namely Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, Songwe, and Ruvuma for VMMC services only. The program also supports TPDF to implement a comprehensive HIV prevention care and treatment program in 21 sites throughout the country.
HJF Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) is seeking qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below:
Job Title: Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Program Advisor, TPDF Program
Reports to: Chief of Party, TPDF Program
Location: Dares Salaam
About HJF Medical Research International (HJFMRI):
With headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland, HJFMRI works to support global health programs in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Nigeria, and Thailand. The Global Health Program in Tanzania works in tandem with the Tanzania People’s Defence Forces (TPDF), Ministry of Health (MOH), and President’s Office-Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG) and in collaboration with non-government entities (NGO), Community-Based Organizations (CBO), and Faith-Based Organizations (FBO) with the purpose of creating a lasting health change in Tanzania. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the communities.
The purpose of this position is to provide technical advice to the HJFMRI-supported TPDF HIV/AIDS program and ensure quality improvement initiatives are mainstreamed into a comprehensive HIV prevention, care, and treatment program. The Continuous Quality Improvement Advisor will be part of a team of experts whose focus will mainly be to improve the quality of the HIV/AIDS services supported by HJFMRI to the TPDF.S/he will be based in Dar es Salaam with frequent (up to 40%) travels to the program-supported sites for different quality improvement activities. The CQI Program Advisor reports to the Chief of Party, TPDF.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Technically support TPDF sites to mainstream CQI activities in their work plans and monitor the implementation of these activities.
- Build capacity of TPDF facility teams to ensure quality improvement activities are practiced at the facility level
- Revive, newly establish and/or maintain facility CQI teams and support the teams to apply and monitor CQI interventions to improve the quality of services
- Ensure availability and use of all national policies, guidelines, training manuals, recording and reporting tools and information, education, and communication materials that relate to the Quality Improvement Program/lnitiative.
- Together with other technical advisors in the program, as well as facility and TPDF staff, develop clinical program quality indicators and track them over time, using the results for remediation of gaps and challenges in a timely manner
- Receive Ql reports from Ql sites on a regular basis, analyze the data, and submit written reports to the site leadership and HJFMRI technical team.
- Participate in Ql meetings at the zonal level, notably for program staff and representatives of implementing partners to discuss Ql issues
- Participate in Ql meetings at local and national levels (GoT and USG)
- Facilitate and participate in site visits to Ql programs and projects to assess the progress in implementation and to deal with challenges
- Effectively collaborate with facility-based clinical teams and health facilities’ CQI teams to provide technical assistance and periodically measure and improve the quality of HIV/AIDS and related care.
- Build an organized mentorship capacity at the zonal level and develop tools for tracking the program achievements.
- Assure consistency of HIV/AIDS care and treatment services in supported sites as per established national guidelines as HIV/AIDS services are decentralized to satellite levels.
- Coordinate and conduct training of health care workers in HIV/AIDS care-related Ql activities.
- Collaborate with TPDF to identify CQI implementation gaps and develop evidence-based interventions to rectify and maintain quality HIV/AIDS services.
- Collaborate with HJFMRI technical leads and TPDF to develop an effective and coordinated approach to supportive supervision.
- Effectively work with facility-based clinical teams to provide on-site Ql consultations and coaching to supported sites using information gathered during assessments such as supportive supervision and SIMS visits, so that identified gaps and challenges are remediated using evidence-based CQI approaches
- Communicate best practices and updates to ensure consistency in the program application and to maximize effectiveness in overall program implementation and management
Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- MD with a degree in Public Health is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years experience with HIV/AIDS care and treatment programs supported by PEPFAR.
- Prior experience coordinating HIV/AIDS quality improvement initiatives.
- Experience in planning and implementation of HIV & AIDS programs, particularly PEPFAR funded programs.
- Conversant with national CQI policies and guidelines’
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication and presentation skills in English
- Excellence in mentorship, coaching, facilitating, and team-building skills
- Demonstrable understanding of monitoring and evaluation, especially data analysis
- Willingness to abide by all ethics and compliance policies of HJFMRI
HOW TO APPLY
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the
Human Resources and Administration Manager,
P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya, or sent through
e-mail to [email protected].
NOTE: To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE.
Applications that are hand-delivered will not be accepted. The deadline for submitting the application is April 28, 2021. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements, as detailed in the job description below, will not be considered.