JIUNGE NASI WHATSAPP TU FOLLOW. BONYEZA HAPA
Job Vacanciy at HJFMRI-Mechanic Cum Driver April 2021
Job Vacanciy at HJFMRI-Mechanic Cum Driver April 2021 Join us in our efforts to end the HIV epidemic in Tanzania. Be part of the winning team to advance global health and save the lives of people living with HIV.
About HJFMRI Tanzania Program
The Walter Reed Program Tanzania (WRP-T) is a collaborative effort that supports PEPFAR-funded HIV prevention and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands and within the Tanzania People’s Defense Forces (TPDF). HJF Medical Research International, Inc Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) is a local non-profit that has supported these efforts since 2004 for the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR). PEPFAR activities are conducted in close collaboration with the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children; and the President’s Office of the Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), through the Regional and Council Health Management Teams.
HJFMRI-T provides care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming, providing resources, personnel, and services to the Southern Highlands Zone. The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital to becoming a hub for antiretroviral treatment in the zone; to community support through decentralized services, with the overall objective of implementing research, clinical HIV, prevention, care, and treatment services. HJFMRI-T currently focuses specifically on four regions in the Southern Highlands zone, namely Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, Songwe, and Ruvuma for VMMC services only. The program also supports TPDF to implement a comprehensive HIV prevention care and treatment program in 21 sites throughout the country.
HJF Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) is seeking qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below:
Position: Mechanic Cum Driver
Reports to: Logistics Manager
Supports operations by ensuring proper usage, regular maintenance, and repairs of program vehicles for high performance. Undertakes driving assignments within and outside assigned areas as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate and/or carry out routine maintenance of program vehicles.
- Advise on, facilitate and/or carry out non-routine maintenance of program vehicles as needed.
- Inspect and diagnose mechanical problems, facilitate and/or carry out repairs where applicable, and advise supervisor and staff on program vehicles’ repairs.
- Provide technical guidance on major program vehicles’ repairs or disposal.
- Investigate and establish root causes of all program vehicle breakdowns and damages.
- Prepare program vehicles’ repair, maintenance, accident, or incident reports as needed.
- Assist in the recovery of broken-down vehicles.
- Ensure that program vehicles are safe to drive, particularly following incidents such as minor crashes or major repairs.
- Give technical assistance and coordinate the procurement of genuine vehicle parts for maintenance and repairs.
- Give technical guidance to other vehicle users to polish driving skills and ensure the safe use of the program vehicles.
- Ensure program vehicles are clean and have all the requisite safety gadgets such as fire extinguishers, dusters, basic tools, equipment, valid road certificates, and insurance.
- Inform appropriately on renewal of motor vehicles insurance and other licenses, as applicable, to comply with ethical practice and applicable Tanzanian traffic rules and regulations as required.
- Drive staff and visitors to, from, and within the assigned locations, safely and prudently, as and when required.
- Maintain logbooks and report regularly to the logistics manager on the performance of assigned program vehicles.
- Ensure that spares, tools, and first aid kits are carried; fuel and water are maintained as required.
- Perform other mechanic/driver-related tasks as required or assigned by supervisor, in accordance with the job purpose, to ensure efficient operation of the program.
Relevant Experience and Qualifications
- Trade test grade one or CBET/CBA Level III in motor vehicle mechanics from VETA or any other reputable motor vehicle mechanics technical institution.
- Any advanced driving certificate from VETA or Tanzania National Institute of Transport.
- Holder of a certificate of secondary education examination (form four certificate).
- Have a valid class C driving license.
- Five (5) years’ relevant mechanics cum driving experience, with a clean record.
- Be well versed with Tanzania road traffic rules/laws and road traffic (amendment) act.
- Prior experience working with USG funded programs is desirable.
- Ability to conduct troubleshooting and minor repairs on vehicles.
- Proven knowledge of roads and towns throughout Tanzania.
- Ability to write basic mechanical and non-mechanical reports.
- Any certificate in vehicle inspection and road safety, defensive driving and planned preventive maintenance for motor vehicles will be an added advantage.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
- Experience in general servicing and mechanical problems diagnosis, for both diesel and petrol engines.
- Knowledge of computers will be an added advantage.
- Must be a Tanzanian citizen.
- A team player who demonstrates patience, flexibility, and honesty.
- Willingness and ability to meet tight deadlines and work long hours when required.
- A self-starter, who is able to plan and manage their own work, takes initiative, and strives to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Be flexible enough to travel to sites at any moment to recover broken vehicles as needed.
- Be able to work in a multicultural environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the
Human Resources and Administration Manager,
P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya, or sent through
e-mail to [email protected].
NOTE: To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE.
Applications that are hand-delivered will not be accepted. The deadline for submitting the application is April 28, 2021. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements, as detailed in the job description below, will not be considered.