Job Opportunity at Good Neighbors – Senior Accounting Officer May 2022
Senior Accounting Officer
Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO.
Terms of Reference (TOR)
Job Opportunity at Good Neighbors – Senior Accounting Officer May 2022 Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. It was granted General Consultative Status from the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). The aim is to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. In Tanzania it was officially established on 2005 and our efforts work towards creating environment where children’s rights are protected and sustainable development of communities through empowerment, leadership and ownership. Good Neighbors Mwanza Area Office (GNTZ-MAO) launched its operation since 2009 and implemented community development project. Currently, GNTZ MAO has supported two communities in Kome Island in Buchosa District Council and Chifunfu in Sengerema District Council. In March 2020 we started implementing a three years health project funded by KOICA namely “Promoting Optimal Growth and Development in Primary School Children through Building a Healthy Environment on Kome Island Tanzania (2020~2022)”. The project is implemented in 12 Primary Schools in Kome Island to strengthen health services and enhancing nutritional status, prevention of parasitical infections and promotion of healthy growth and increase awareness and behavioral change in local communities at Kome Island. Good Neighbors Tanzania is looking for individuals to join our highly motivated team in the following roles;
Position: Senior Accounting Officer
Report to: Administration Manager
Contract Period: 6 months (Renewable based on performance and fund availability)
Number of Position: 1
Perform a variety of activities in accordance with accounting principles and standards to control the organization’s financial resources and ensure that it complies with all relevant regulations, laws and reporting requirements. Follow established procedures and guidelines to accurately maintain the organization’s financial records and transactions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recording monthly financial report income and expenditures in Online Quick book file for every week.
- Preparation of the Monthly Execution which comprises (Budget Vs Expenditure etc) and Year End Financial Report every month before due date.
- Prepare KOICA and CDP monthly administration budget requests and final spending through Docswave as per Budget Plan.
- Review day to day of Budget request and Final Spending of the all departmental of the KOICA expenditures.
- Prepare KOICA and CDP Bank payment voucher (BPV) in separate number of every project appropriately with supporting document through Docswave.
- Writing Bank Income Voucher (BIV) for all funds received by KOICA for respective bank account on every month.
- Establish and implement financial procedures in line with organizational requirements.
- Documentation all KOICA and CDP spending, filling in chronological order.
- To support with the preparation of audit files, during audits, liaise with staff and auditors during the process and help prepare supporting documentation
- Participate in preparation for external audits and review of various account balances, schedules and submitting all relevant information to the auditors in a timely and accurate manner.
- Any other related office duties as may be assigned by the authority including finance work.
- Prepare the monthly payroll, including the reviewing of overtime claims forms and ensure that all overtime claims are accurate and any increment arised and in line with the organization’s processes and procedures and ensure they are reflected on monthly payroll through Aruti system every month.
- Prepare KOICA and CDP monthly payroll budget request as well as taking pension contribution to government authority.
- Produce financial and budget reports, develop procedures and guidelines for all activities, monitor project budgets, maintain accurate financial records on project activities, and monitor transactions to ensure compliance with GNTZ regulations
- Ensure all the compliance tax fee well prepared of withholding fee and returns (bi annually and annually) to be submitted to TRA and OSHA, WCF and Social Security.
- Ensure all the filling documents for the statutory deduction are well kept.
- Make sure Inbound and Outbound letter are well kept.
- Ensure that the project operations are in compliance with all GNI policies and procedures.
- Train project staff on relevant policies and procedures;
- Perform duties according to the organization values and ethical conducts
- Any other related office duties as may be assigned by the authority
Competencies and Qualification
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance, or similar field of study;
- Minimum of 5 years professional relevant experience with accounting, administration, finance analysis and finance reporting
- Excellent knowledge and skills of accounting software’s, Quick Book package and Excel.
- Previous experience and understanding of KOICA funded projects will be added advantage
- Excellent skills in use of Microsoft Excel, MS word and Power Point
- Fluency in both English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to prioritize and schedule work
- Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written.
- Team supervision and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in an international and multi-national environment.
- Well-organized, resourceful with good planning and problem-solving abilities.
- A team player, flexible, quick-thinking and able to work well under pressure. (Ability to meet multiple deadlines.)
- Commitment to the Organization vision, mission, values and goals.
- Commitment to abide by Good Neighbors Tanzania Staff Terms and Regulations.
- Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for this post
Mode of Application
Interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to send their applications with an enclosed Cover letter showing your competence and why you want to work with Good Neighbors Tanzania.
Most recent Curriculum Vitae containing the complete names of candidate, active and complete addresses (postal, email, phone); together with names and active contact details of three referees.
Deadline for application is not later than 31st May, 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and emails.
Good Neighbors Tanzania will not be responsible for transport or/and accommodation during the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred.
The application should be addressed to Managing Director P. O. Box 367 Good Neighbors Tanzania, Plot No. 493, Block KV, 3rd Floor of the Olympic Petroleum Building located at Ghana Area, Mwanza Tanzania through E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgPokea Taarifa za Ajira Mpya Kila Siku Kwenye Simu Yako.
Jiunge Nasi Telegram⇒Bonyeza Hapa