Job Vacancies At Good Neighbors Tanzania-Project Nutritionist February 2021
Position:Project Nutritionist Vacancy Announcement
Terms of Reference
Job Vacancies At Good Neighbors Tanzania-Project Nutritionist February 2021 Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. It was granted General Consultative Status from the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). The aim is to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. In Tanzania it was officially established on 2005 and our efforts work towards creating environment where children’s rights are protected and sustainable development of communities through empowerment, leadership and ownership. GNTZ MAO launched its operation since 2009 and implemented community development project. Currently, GNTZ MAO is supporting two communities in Kome Island in Buchosa District Council and Chifunfu in Sengerema District Council. In March 2020 we started implementing the three years health project “Promoting Optimal Growth and Development in Primary School Children through Building a Healthy Environment on Kome Island Tanzania (2020~2022)” funded by KOICA (South Korean Government) which covers 12 Primary Schools in Kome Island to support treatment, prevention and Control of NTDs.
Good Neighbors Tanzania is looking for self-motivated individual to join our highly motivated team in the following roles;
Position: Senior Nutritionist Officer
Location: Mwanza Area Office
Contract Period: One year (Renewable based on performance and fund availability)
The applicant will work under the South Korean Government granted KOICA Health project for 2021~2022, to provide technical support in promoting optical growth and development in primary school children through building a healthy environment in the project area of Kome Island, Buchosa District Council
Main role of the |Senior Nutritionist Officer will be to coordinate and implement project activities to improve nutrition and health status in primary school students through mitigating malnutrition, anemia and parasitical infection
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement nutrition programming guidance/technical approach to be used by School Children in Kome Island.
- Ensure that nutrition programs are in line with KOICA (Donor) and Government policies and guidelines;
- Provide sound technical expertise in nutrition programming;
- Take part in the identification of resource gaps and lead the development of concept papers and proposals to-be-implemented Nutrition programs;
- Compile regular technical status reports on GNTZ KOICA nutrition projects, including documentation of best practice and knowledge management;
- Ensure that all requirements of the partnership and donors are met pertaining to nutrition programs;
- To ensure all new and re-design programs introduce appropriate nutrition-related approaches during the design phase for effective programming;
- Ensure adequate and high quality monitoring, supervision and evaluation of nutrition programs, linkage and alignment with other programs;
- Provide technical support to implementation and monitoring of operational research that are to do with Nutrition programming.
Key Aspects of the Position Roles
Implementation and reporting
- Participate in planning, implementation and reporting the progress of project activities (trainings/workshops, meetings, community sensitizations, and distribution of materials to schools and health facilities)
- Support and supervise all nutrition, clinical and medical-related activities such as health and nutrition education, HB testing, stool sample for schistosomiasis examination and Mass Drug Administration (MDA)
- Support operations of KOICA project activities including monthly/quarterly, semi-annual and annual progress reports.
- Participate in, and support health related trainings and advocacy meetings.
- Sharing knowledge and experience with other staffs, project stakeholders for improved performance
- Support other project activities like advocacy campaigns, workshops, trainings to carry out and accomplish overall project goal
- Developing and or strengthening team work spirit, and demonstrating good performance practices with staffs and key partners.
- Effectively communicate the project expectations to externals in a good manner
- Sharing weekly updates through the department meeting. Reporting weekly accomplishments
- Report any case/issue/conflict to the relevant authority for necessary steps/action.
- Perform duties in a professional manner according to the organization values and ethical conducts
- Prepare key performance agreement for enabling performance evaluation
- Preparing and submitting budget requests and final spending summary within budget limit
- Use appropriate tool for maintaining acceptable budget execution rate
- Timely collection of necessary documents for budget request and final spending.
Competencies and Qualification
- Bsc Human Nutrition, Family and consumer studies, Bsc Home economic and human nutrition and equivalent qualification. Possession of MSc in Public Health or Nutrition is added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in Nutrition Programming or nutrition-related health projects.
- Excellent skills in use of Microsoft Excel, MS word, Outlook 365 and Power Point.
- Fluency in both English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to work in an international and multi-national environment.
- Well-organized, resourceful with good planning and problem-solving abilities. A team player, flexible, quick-thinking and able to work well under pressure.
- Commitment to the Organization vision, mission, values and goals.
- Commitment to abide by Good Neighbors Tanzania Staff Terms and Regulations.
- Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for this post
Technical Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent skills required in program design, reporting and documentation, and monitoring and evaluation;
- Significant bi-lateral donor grant experience with program implementation, funding acquisition, and reporting;
- Must be able to negotiate ideas within and outside the Good Neighbors Tanzania partnership, particularly with donor communities and government.
Mode of Application
English written Cover letter showing your competence and why you want to work with Good Neighbors Tanzania.
Detailed curriculum vitae containing the complete names of candidate, active and complete addresses (postal, email, phone); together with names and active contact details of three referees.
Interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to send their applications with enclosed through email or submit in person to our office addressed to:
Managing Director, Good Neighbors Tanzania, P. O. Box 367, Mwnza, Plot No. 493, Block KV, located at Ghana Area, Ilemela District, off the Airport Road, 3rd Floor of the Olympic Petroleum Building. E-mail: [email protected]
Note: We do not receive supporting documents (certificates, testimonial etc.) at this stage
Submission of applications should reach not later than 6th March, 2021 at 23:59hrs.
Note that: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and email. Candidates will have to take care of their expenses for transport and accommodation during the interview, and there will be no any refund for any expenses incurred.