JIUNGE NASI WHATSAPP TU FOLLOW. BONYEZA HAPA
Job Opportunities at Aga Khan Health Service (AKHST) November 2023
Radiographer-(2 Positions) at Aga Khan Health Service (AKHST)
Aga Khan Health Service
Job Opportunities at Aga Khan Health Service (AKHST) November 2023 The Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST); an institution of The Aga Khan Development Network,
completed a major phase II expansion of the Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam in 2018.
This expansion aimed at improving the Hospital’s quality of facilities and infrastructure to become an
ultramodern 170 bed facility to increase its capacity as a provider of high-quality medical care leading to a
tertiary care, referral and teaching hospital.
The Phase II development focused on expanding key clinical services including a comprehensive cardiology
programme, oncology services and neurosciences, as well as the expansion of Orthopaedics and Trauma,
Diagnostic Imaging, Critical Care and Women and Child Health programmes.
The Hospital is JCI Accredited (achieved a level of quality and patient service that is equal to the best hospitals
in the world) and the teaching site for The Aga Khan University, which offers Postgraduate Medical Education
programs leading to Masters of Medicine in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and
Gynecology and Paediatrics and Child Health.
It is also an accredited internship site. As part of the integrated health systems approach, AKHST plans to
establish 35 outreach health facilities that are located across Tanzania. Currently, 26 such clinics have been
established across the country and linked to the main hospital in Dar es Salaam.
AKHST is seeking for enthusiastic, qualified, and experienced personnel as described below:
RADIOGRAPHER (1 POSITION)
REPORTING TO THE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
DUTY STATION: BUNDA, TANZANIA
He/She is responsible for applying independent, professional, ethical judgment, and critical thinking to safely
perform diagnostic Ultrasound, Mammographic, X-ray examinations or any other modalities as applicable and
communicating results of diagnostic examinations to the Physicians and Radiologists. Also, responsible for
patient scheduling, the report of equipment failures, and quality assessment.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare examination room and equipment to conduct Ultrasound, X-ray examinations or any other
modalities as applicable in accordance with infections disease, sterilization, and patient safety protocols,
policies, and procedures.
- Reviewing imaging request; checking for special instructions and confirming anticipated service with
patients before examination.
- Perform a variety of complex specialized tasks utilizing ultrasonic high frequency sound waves to detect
abnormalities including masses, abscesses, and stones. Assist physicians with biopsy procedures,
guiding biopsy instruments using Sonographic techniques.
- Perform ultrasound procedures, color doppler vascular examinations, abdominal studies and color-flow
ultrasound, OBGYN procedures as required.
- Monitors the patients’ physical condition and ensure their comfort during the procedure; report patients’
change of status or emergency situations to clinical staff, Supervisor and/or Radiologist.
- Analyzing technical information and providing a summary of findings for relevant Radiologists and
Physicians to make a diagnosis.
- Apply independent, professional, ethical judgment, and critical thinking to safely perform diagnostic
Ultrasound and X-ray procedures.
- Apply independent judgment during examinations to ensure that appropriate anatomical, pathological,
and clinical conditions are accurately captured in the examination images.
- Ensure that ultrasound, X-ray or any other Radiology examination results meet the facility standards for
Quality Assurance before findings are released for interpretation.
- Participate in quality control initiatives and projects within the institution.
- Ensure the safe operation of all equipment, monitor performance, troubleshoot and follow up
preventative maintenance programs of the equipment, instruments, and tools.
- Recognize problems with test results and/or instrumentation and take appropriate action.
- Understand and adhere to quality assurance standards, quality control procedures and follow up on
quality control problems.
- Efficiently utilize accessory equipment such as transducers, multi-format cameras, printers, and PACS
- Maintain and protect patients records in division.
- Assist the medical staff in development of new ultrasound, X-Ray or any other modalities protocols.
- Participate in research practices within radiology and with other hospital disciplines (medicine, surgery
- Document any incidental findings that might impact patient safety or patient care and provide that
information to the interpreting physician.
- Handle, store and dispose in a safe and proper manner: patient specimens (tissue and fluids), chemical
and reagents (toxins, corrosives, flammables), and all other sensitive human and chemical material.
- Providing care to patients with infectious diseases.
- Any other roles assigned by the Supervisor or His/Her Designee.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Diploma in Diagnostic Medical Radiography from recognized College
- Must be registered with the Medical Radiology & Imaging Professionals Council in Tanzania.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR
INTERVIEWS. APPLICATION LETTER, CV AND EDUCATION CERTIFICATES SHOULD
BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS END OF BUSINESS DAY ON
FRIDAY 24th NOVEMBER 2023.
“AKHS is concerned about the climate and environmental crises we face and is doing everything
possible to reduce our own impact, encouraging others to do the same, and advancing
understanding in this field. AKHS has set itself the task of getting as close to net-zero carbon
operations as possible by 2030. We expect all staff to contribute to achieving these aims in the
context of their roles. We encourage applicants with previous experience or an interest in this
field to apply.’’