JIUNGE MAGROUP YETU YA WHATSAPP. BONYEZA HAPA
How to DM Someone in TikTok
How to DM Someone in TikTok It is amazing to watch TikTok grow. You will discover that TikTok has a variety of functions. You can upload videos, share videos created by others, collaborate on videos with your favorite creators, and more. However, one of the more basic demands placed on you by social media sites is your capacity for interpersonal communication.
This post will explain how to communicate another TikTok member and show you some other cool features that the app has to offer.
A confidential method of communication between two individuals is direct messaging. Since it is “direct,” as opposed to, say, comments, it indicates that it is not visible to others. You can choose whether direct messaging on social media is right for you. Some individuals would rather keep it partially enabled because, after all, you can always ignore someone.
Like many other apps, TikTok offers this feature. So, this is how you send someone a TikTok DM if you want to know how.
Manage your TikTok messages
Recently, TikTok announced changes to its messaging feature, making connecting and chatting even easier. TikTok users can now receive DMs from any registered user, rather than only their friend’s accounts.
However, not everyone wants to receive messages from any old TikTocker. If you fall into this camp, use these steps to customize your message settings:
- Open the TikTok app and log in.
- Tap the profile icon in the lower right-hand corner.
- Tap the hamburger menu (the three horizontal lines in the upper right) on your profile page, then select “Settings and privacy.”
- Choose “Privacy” from the menu, then “Direct messages.”
- Select “Direct messages” again, then choose who can send you DMs from the following options:
- Suggested friends (followers that you follow back, suggested contacts, and Facebook contacts)
- Mutual followed friend (followers you follow back and people you’ve messaged)
- No one
Parents can also change the privacy settings for their teen’s messages through the app’s family pairing feature.
How to DM on TikTok
DMs are a great way to chat with friends or say “hi” to your favorite content creators on TikTok. DMs also allow content creators and influencers to manage customer relationships and build their brands. To connect with people on TikTok, follow the instructions below.
Send a DM in an existing chat
If you want to message someone you’ve talked to before, the message thread is probably in your inbox. Here’s how to message them on mobile and desktop:
- Open TikTok and log in.
- Tap the inbox icon at the bottom of the screen (to the left of your profile icon).
- Once there, you can see all your previous messages. Find your friend’s profile and tap on their name.
- Write in the message box near the bottom of your screen (above the keyboard), and send when you’re done.
Send a DM through a user’s profile
Can you message people on TikTok if they aren’t in your recent messages? You bet. Here’s how:
- Open TikTok and log in.
- Select the search icon (the magnifying glass) from the upper right corner of your FYP.
- Type the name of the person you want to message in the search bar at the top of your screen (let’s hope they haven’t changed their name). Scroll through the results. When they appear, tap their profile picture to go to their profile.
- Tap the three dots in the upper-right corner of the person’s profile. This will open a pop-up window.
- Select “Send message” from the pop-up.
- Write in the message box and press send.
How to share TikToks through DMs
You find a video you just have to share with someone. Here’s how to send that TikTok through direct messages:
- Open TikTok and log in
- Find the video you want to share.
- Tap the share button (the arrow pointing to the right on your right-hand side) or press and hold on the video.
- A pop-up window will open with the option to repost, report, save, and more. Select the magnifying glass for “More.” This will open a new window with your friend list.
- Search for your friend and tap their profile photo when you find them. To send the video to more than one person, you can select multiple users.
- Add a message (if you want) and tap to send.
FAQs about TikTok DMs
Still have questions about messaging on TikTok? Here at the answers to common queries.
What is a DM?
“DM” stands for “direct message.” It’s a feature on TikTok (and other social platforms) that allows you to chat privately with other users.
Can I use stickers in my messages?
Yes – you can use stickers, GIFs, and emojis to express yourself on TikTok messages. To add a sticker to your message, tap the sticker icon above your keyboard (it looks like a square with a happy face). This will open a new window with various stickers you can send your friends.
Why can’t I send or receive direct messages?
Your privacy settings may prevent you from sending or receiving messages from some TikTok users. For example, if you ask to receive messages only from “followers you follow back and people you’ve messaged,” you will not see DMs from users who don’t meet those parameters. If you’re having trouble with your messages, go into your settings and adjust them accordingly.
Can I see when someone reads my TikTok messages?
You can see the “read status” of TikTok messages if you and the recipient have this feature turned on. Turn on your read status by doing the following:
- Navigate to your settings.
- Select “Privacy,” then “Direct messages.”
- Tap the toggle switch next to “Read status” to turn it on.