JIUNGE NASI WHATSAPP TU FOLLOW. BONYEZA HAPA
HELB Local And Diaspora Loan Payment Method Higher Education Loans Board | www.helb.co.ke
HELB Local And Diaspora Loan Payment Method Higher Education Loans Board | www.helb.co.ke HELB was established with the aim of not just recovering all matured loans, but to raise sufficient funds to meet the rising loan demand and attain faster turnaround in loan repayments.
It consists of three tiers:
- Undergraduate section, which deals with recovery of undergraduate loans
- Jielimishe Loan section that is charged with the responsibility of disbursing and recovering of loans from salaried students.
- Allocation section charged with the responsibility of collection and updates of loanees’ accounts.
The Debt Management Department is committed to recovering all matured loans with utmost diligence in line with the HELB Act 1995 and in conformity with the dynamic customer expectations.
Repaying your Student Loan
Undergraduate Loan Repayment starts within one year of completion of studies or within such a period as the Board decides to recall the loan whichever is earlier. However, you can make voluntary payments before or after you complete your studies to reduce your loan balance.
Completion of Loan Repayment
Upon completion of loan repayment, kindly seek clearance from HELB. Please note that only HELB and not your employer can confirm your loan repayment status. HELB shall confirm loan repayment completion by issuing certificate of clearance. For clearance, please fill in the Loan Recovery Enquiry form.
If you overpay your loan, you will receive a refund from HELB and not your employer. To claim refund, please fill in the Loan Recovery Enquiry form.
Click here to access HELB Enquiry Form
Jielimishe Loans (for salaried students)
Jielimishe Loans are due for repayment immediately upon disbursement. Successful applicants shall be notified via e-mail. For any queries on Alternative loans, please fill in the Loan Recovery Enquiry form.
LOAN REPAYMENT METHODS
HELB offers various loan repayment methods as follows:
HELB Local Repayment Methods
Mobile Payment Services: M-PESA
Using M-PESA (Safaricom) Money Transfer:
- Select pay bill option
- Enter HELB business number as 200800
- Enter your national ID number as your account number
- Enter amount you want to pay
- Enter your secret PIN number
- Confirm transaction and send
Note: The transaction reflects in your statement immediately after the transaction.
All payments are payable to Higher Education Loans Board, by crossed cheque, bankers draft, direct transfer/standing order/EFT or cash deposit to HELB collection A/C in any of the following banks:
|Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
|1103 266 314
|SWIFT CODE : KCBLKENX
|035 000 024 971
|Family Bank Towers
|SWIFT CODE : FABLKENAXXX
|011290 612 228 00
|SWIFT CODE : KCOOKENA
|077 501 8216
|SWIFT CODE : BARCKENX
|Standard Chartered Bank
|010 801 826 4700
|SWIFT CODE : SCBLKENX
|055 029 357 3408
|SWIFT CODE : EQBLKENA
|National Bank of Kenya
|010 016 039 1100
|SWIFT CODE :NBKEKENX
|300 040 012
|SWIFT CODE : CITIKENA
|0332 084 215 001
|SWIFT CODE : SBMKENA
|1002 247 638
|SWIFT CODE : NINCKENAXXX
|Jamii Bora Bank
|1174 852 7001
|SWIFT CODE : CIFIKENAXXX
Diaspora Repayment Methods
- You can make payments instantly from the US and Canada through Wave via KCB account number 1103266314.
- Go to www.sendwave.com to update/download the app and then make transfers immediately.
- Please forward the wave email notification as well as your ID NUMBER to [email protected]
- Log in to www.worldremit.com
- Select the ‘Bank Deposit’ service from the blue ‘Send to’ box on this page
- Choose whether to make the transfer to a Kenyan shilling (KES) or US dollar (USD) account
- Enter the amount you want to transfer
- We’ll show you the highly competitive exchange rate you’ll receive and any fees upfront
- Enter recipient’s details KCB ACCOUNT NUMBER 1103266314
- Pay online using a credit or debit card
- Use your ID number as the reference
- You and your recipient will receive SMS and email notification once the transfer is complete
- Forward the email notification to [email protected]
Click on the image below to repay your loan