JIUNGE MAGROUP YETU YA WHATSAPP. BONYEZA HAPA
Position: Head of Finance and Company Secretary
First Housing Finance (Tanzania) Limited is a financial institution specializing in housing mortgage loans in Tanzania. The company is looking for a person suitably to fill in the vacancy of Head of Finance and Company Secretary. It is a Joint Venture of International Finance Corporation, HDFC and other local investors
To manage all finance related matters of the institution and to ensure compliance with relevant statutes governing the company.The recruit would manage the company secretariat functions including compliance of provisions with regard to company affairs. The attitude should be that of maintaining financial stability, increasing profitability and achieving sustainable growth in the business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Promote the Company’s vision, mission and core values.
- Lead a team of finance professionals, as and when in place, to develop and maintain well documented accounting policies for the institution, which are compliant with IFRS and BASEL-III for achieving strategic objectives as well as to ensure compliance.
- Develop a sound financial reporting system for various regulatory reporting requirements of the company and to ensure compliance of the requirements.
- Design and implement internal financial controls and reporting requirements and to monitor and control accounts payable with maintaining vendor relationships.
- Performing regular Payroll process.
- Drive the company’s financial planning and budgeting process, undertake performance evaluation vis-a-vis budget.
- Efficient utilization of capital and resources.
- Maintain a high performance financial organization through continual process improvement, adoption of appropriate best practices and development of the Finance Department.
- Perform risk management by analyzing liabilities and investments.
- Recommend investment avenues by considering cash and liquidity risks.
- Setup and oversee the finance MIS.
- Develop a system of preparation and reporting of daily/ monthly/ quarterly management accounts.
- Corroborate with Statutory Audits for preparation and finalization of accounts.
- Publication of quarterly and yearly financial results with regular submission to stakeholders as per Corporate Governance standards.
- Work in guidance of directors for raising funds to support the mortgage operations and capital-raising strategies.
- Responsible for all taxation related matters and coordinating with Tax Consultants for Tax Health Checks.
- Filing of statutory returns – taxes, provident funds, etc.Responsible for the ALCO functions of the institution.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure sufficient cash flows, operating costs reduction and increased revenues to improve profitability.
- Organizing and coordinating board/ board committee/ management/ general meetings of the company.
- Preparing papers and submission to the board members/ shareholders.
- Preparing & maintaining minutes of the board committees’ meetings, board meetings and annual general meeting/extra ordinary general meeting.
- Ensure compliance with the provisions of Bank ofTanzania Regulations, Companies Act, MEMARTS, BRELA and company’s transaction documents.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the CEO.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/ Commerce/ Finance/ Banking/ Business Administration or related discipline.
- Master’s Degree in related discipline is an added advantage.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with active membership of NBAA Tanzania.
- Minimum of 7 years working experience preferably in the financial services industry with at least three years’ experience on senior management.
Mode of Application
Applications must be attached with updated detailed resume and copies of relevant certificates. The same may be sent through email, postal address or physical delivery to the addresses indicated herein below. The deadline for submission of applications will be two weeks from the date of this advertisement.
All Applications should be addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer
First Housing Finance (T) Limited
Plot No. 19, Barack Obama Drive
P. O. Box 11990
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
JIUNGE GROUP LETU LA TELEGRAM. BONYEZA HAPA