Assisting Financial Controller to develop financial analysis reports, ensure financial recording accuracy and compliance with established financial standards including policies and procedures.
- Organize work of the financial accounting and accounts payable section to process all transactions of the company
- Capture statutory accounts – Prepare annual financial statements in compliance with IFRS, ensure that all audit issues are cleared, compare actual figures against budget and analyze all variances and report to management
- Perform monthly reconciliation of transport and freight accounts
- Facilitate accurate and timely processing of supplier payment
- Ensure that all payments are processed based on the proper supporting documents as per payment procedure
- Ensure that tax policies which suit current needs are in place
- Liaise with the Financial Controller & CFO on tax issues
- Ensure that all taxes are paid on or before their due dates, supported by accurate returns as required by the tax authorities
- Prepare and support both the internal and external audit processes
- Resolve/implement/correct audit recommendations timely
- Ultimately responsible for safe working practices especially in areas of responsibility.
- Environment: Ensure environmental procedures are complied with, identify and manage the environmental aspects and impacts in his/her area and instil environmental awareness culture in his/her area.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by line management
- Degree in Commerce (Accounting &/Finance) or equivalent
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA Holder
- At least three (3) years’ experience in accounting capacity, preferably in a multinational manufacturing company or auditing firms
Knowledge & Skills
- Conversant with the preparation of financial statements (company and consolidation)
- Knowledgeable on working with the IFRS as well as Tanzanian Tax Law
- Excellent knowledge of local and international accounting practices
- Excellent knowledge of Group and local reporting requirements and accounting practices
- Excellent knowledge on internal controls environment as well as competence on the MS Excel, MS Word and MS Power Point and understanding of the computer based financial accounting systems especially SAP.
- Working knowledge of cost accounting principles
- Totally honest and trustworthy
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Take responsibility for adherence to company procedures
- Must enjoy routine and take pride in producing accurate reports to meet deadlines on a regular basis
- Positive and enthusiastic to improve financial accounting performance
- Able to respond to heavy demands and high work pressure
- Reasonably independent and able to resolve own difficulties.
Tanga Cement Plc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Salary and Benefits
The Company offers attractive salary and benefits in line with the candidate’s qualifications, skills and experience.
How to Apply
Send your CV and copies of relevant certificates by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 14th April 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.