Head of Marketing (Cement Industry)
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Champion the design and deployment of an effective customer acquisition, retention and relationship management strategy/framework to sustain and expand the organisation’s clientele.
- Institutionalise a customer service-oriented culture in the sales workforce and champion capacity building efforts for all categories of staff within the department.
- Provide overall guidance and direction in the execution of the department’s functions and activities.
- Approve and coordinate the execution of the department’s work programs and plans.
- Ensure the deployment of effective market penetration and market share acquisition framework.
- Ensure the development and establishment of effective channel strategies to promote sales.
- Oversee the collation of market and industry business intelligence to support effective decision making.
- Monitor and ensure the provision of the highest quality services to the company’s customers and oversee the design and deployment of an effective customer relationship management framework.
- Stay abreast of market trends, customer needs and competitor initiatives and devise strategies to optimally utilise market opportunities.
- Attend workshops, trade shows and seminars to keep up to date with changes in the industry.
- Oversee the preparation of the department’s annual budget and monitor its implementation.
- Review the department’s performance against set targets on a periodic basis and define action plans for improvement.
- Manage the human and material resources of the department to optimise performance and enhance output.
- Assign detailed responsibilities to subordinates and supervise them to ensure timely delivery of high-quality results
- Ensure periodic meetings to communicate departmental goals/targets and agree work plans
- Motivate, guide and ensure knowledge transfer and capacity building of subordinates
- Review and authorize key expenditures/transactions of the Department in line with approved departmental budget and manual of authority
- Prepare and agree career development plans (in conjunction with HR Department) and conduct periodic performance appraisals for departmental staff.
- Prepare and submit periodic activity/management reports to the CEO, DCP Tanzania, on the activities of the department.
- Act on behalf of; and perform any other duties that may be assigned by the CEO, DCP Tanzania
- Coordinate, direct and supervise the day-to-day activities of the department and ensure alignment with the overall goals and objectives of the company.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive sales and marketing plan to acquire significant clientele from identified customer segments.
Education and Work Experience
- Post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum of thirteen (18) years relevant work experience
Skills and Behaviours
- In-depth understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- In-depth knowledge of DCP’s product and service offerings.
- Very good understanding of approaches/ methodology for business strategy articulation, monitoring and implementation; sales/marketing planning, marketing models and business performance analysis.
- Very good knowledge of local and global industry dynamics including regulation, legislation and operating environment.
- Very good understanding of micro and macroeconomic indicators and their impact on business.
- Ability to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the systematic impact of various policies, issues and solutions.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Excellent negotiation and relationship management skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- High sense of responsibility and accountability.
- High ethical standards.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development
CLICK HERE TO APPLY.