Chief Internal Auditor
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following post: –
The Chief Internal Auditor shall be the Head of Internal Audit unit and shall be responsible to advise Management on all affairs related to internal audit operations. He shall be answerable to the Director General but his overall internal audit functions will also be overseen by the Board of Audit Committee.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads and directs the internal audit unit so that it makes a full contribution and meets the needs of the organization and external stakeholders.
- Keeps up to date with developments in risk governance, financial risk management, control and internal auditing practices.
- Adequately reports all internal audit operations to the Board Audit Committee, whenever the Audit Committee so requires.
- Assists the Association’s Management in establishing methods to improve efficiency and quality of services, and that would reduce the vulnerability of fraud, abuse, and waste of the Organization’s resources.
- Identifies any elements of over and under control and provides the management with a clear articulation of residual risks where existing controls are inadequate.
- Acts as a catalyst for positive change and continuous improvement in good governance by identifying and recommending to the Management areas of improvements.
- Frequently reviews and reports on the adequacy of the control environment, including the arrangements for achieving value for money.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Holder of a Master’s Degree in Finance/Accounts/Commerce or equivalent qualification.
- Holder of CPA (T) plus at least 4 years working experience in accounting or audit practice
- Holder of Final level certificate issued by the National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA).
- Computer literate
SALARY AND FRINGE BENEFIT
An attractive salary will be given to the right candidate.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications accompanied by certified photocopies of relevant certificates and testimonial should be physically delivered to the address of the company below so as to reach them within fourteen days from the date of first appearance of this advertisement.
Tanzania Standard (Newspaper) Ltd
P.O. Box. 9033,
DAR ES SALAAM
Voucher No. 02