Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Senior Technical Specialist candidates for an anticipated Tanzania WASH Activity in Tanzania.
The Activity is anticipated to be a five-year contract to expand the provision and governance of WASH services through partnerships with the Government and private sector in Tanzania.
Interventions aim to (i) increase access to sustainable water services managed by the Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Agency and urban water utilities; (ii) increase access to finance for water, sanitation, and hygiene; (iii) strengthen the market for sanitation and hygiene products and services; and (iv) strengthening basin water boards and water user associations to enhance stewardship of water resources.
Areas of Specialization Sought:
* Rural water supply services including infrastructure implementation and development of local operation and management capacity
* National and regional level support to WASH policy, planning, capacity, and system building and coordination
* Institutional and operational capacity of urban water and sanitation authorities
* Operation of and access to WASH financing including TZ National Water Fund, micro-finance, and BWB/WUA financial resources
* WASH public-private partnership policy, governance, and effective implementation
* Private sector engagement in rural and urban sanitation including access to market for sanitation products and services and effective inclusion of women and youth
* Decentralized wastewater management/treatment, including “fecal sludge”
* Access and reliability of bulk water to small towns
* Institutional and operational capacity of BWB and WUA water resources management
* A Master’s degree-level or higher in a relevant discipline is preferred or a bachelor’s degree with significant additional experience.
* Managerial and operational experience in a technically related field (10 years minimum with a Master’s or 15 years with a BS-level degree); preferably in a similar donor program in Tanzania.
* Strong communications and interpersonal skills to productively interact with a wide range and levels of organizations.
* Outstanding intercultural communications and interpersonal skills desired;
* Professional level English, both written and spoken, required.
* Please note: Only Tanzanian citizens are eligible for these positions
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/TanzaniaWASHtech
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
Jiunge Nasi Telegram⇒Bonyeza Hapa