Senior Public Relations and Marketing Officer
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) is a Government Institution established under the Companies Act, 2002 and licensed under the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act No 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Development Finance) Regulations, 2012. The bank has the following key objectives:
To catalyze credit delivery to the agricultural sector and thereby accelerate agricultural growth;
To lead, as an apex agricultural financing bank, in capacity building strategies and programmes to strengthen the agriculture financial value chain;
To be an important player in the implementation of the Government’s development vision, policies and programmes, including but not limited to theTanzania Development Vision 2015, Agricultural Sector Development Programme, Kilimo Kwanza Initiative, Second-Generation Financial Sector Reforms as well as in the furtherance of the National Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty for Mainland Tanzania (MKUKUTA), and Zanzibar Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty (MKUZA); To build on existing Agro-financing activities through provision of short, medium and long-term facilities to the following: smallholder farmers’groups, savings and credit cooperative societies (SACCOS), community banks, commercial banks and microfinance institutions (MFIs) that are active in lending to the agricultural sector;
To coordinate and monitor agriculture and rural lending activities with a view to maximizing the impact of agricultural growth by working closely with the Ministries and institutions responsible for Agriculture, Regional Administration as well as the numerous players active in this sector;
To assist the Government in implementing its policies on enhancing financial inclusion and economic empowerment in the rural areas.
Senior Public Relations and Marketing Officer – 1 Vacancy, DSM
Nature and scope:
The jobholder reports to the Manager, Public Relations, Events and Stakeholders Management. He / She is responsible for provision of publicity services, maintenance of bank’s relationship with stakeholders and maintenance of local media services for public relations and marketing.
- To develop and manage the bank’s relationship with Business associates, Government Ministries/Departments/Agen- cies, Embassies and the Public.
- To monitor local media, analyze and review news and business events to inform management of significant developments and identify emerging future issues that might affect the bank’s image.
- To assist in formulating and implementing appropriate market strategies and plans so as to attain set objectives,
- To plan for, prepare and produce leaflets, brochures, press releases, business leaflets and a website aimed at promoting the bank’s products and image.
- To liaise with news media including issuance of press releases and responding to media, inquiries concerning the bank.
- To coordinate advertising and promotion work for bank’s products and services.
- To organize and arrange news conferences, press launches, exhibitions and trade fairs
- Assist in coordinating protocols and other logistics related to handling of TADB partners / visitors from within and outside the country.
- Carry out any other duties assigned by your Line Manager/Supervisor.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience:
- University graduate in Public Relations, International Relations, Business Administration or related field. Master’s degree/MBA/Professional accreditation will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in reputable company or financial institution.
- Must be a confident communicator and presenter with excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Swahili and English.
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Be proactive, reliable, responsible and accurate with an attention to detail.
- Possess the ability to keep information confidential.
- Understanding of all primary social media platforms.
- Ability to work in high-stress environments, often for long hours.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and an excellent working environment.
MODE OF APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
Please note: applicants are required to apply to these roles by:
Filling in their personal details (include in your full name, physical address, telephone number and e-mail address); o
Attaching an application/cover letter.
Attaching current Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume with 3 referees.
Closing date: Applications should reach TADB not later than 4.00 pm on Thursday, 16 July 2020.
Jiunge Nasi Telegram⇒Bonyeza Hapa