JIUNGE MAGROUP YETU YA WHATSAPP. BONYEZA HAPA
Location: Dar es Salaam
In order to carry out his mandate, the Permanent Secretary established EDF – PSU which acts as a quality controller on all EDF Programmes in Tanzania and ensures timely and quality inputs to the EU Project Cycle Management.
The Unit is inviting applications from dynamic, energetic and proactive Tanzanians with required technical skills and experience to fill the vacancy of Programme Officer – Rural Development.
Reports to: Head of Programmes
Station: Dodoma Contract Period: 2.5 years with possibilities of renewal depending on performance and availability of funds.
Summary of duties and responsibilities
• Provide policy and strategic advice to the Head of Programmes on Agriculture and Rural Development related matters as stipulated in the Cotonou
• Partnership Agreement and its successor, national development and poverty reduction strategies and plans under the 11th EDF National Indicative Programme and other relevant EU development financing instruments;
• Facilitate identification, preparation and appraisal as well as implementation, monitoring and evaluation of EU funded Agriculture and Rural Development programmes and projects; –
• Prepare and process tender documents for services, supplies and works contracts, call for proposals and prepare contracts and addenda for Agriculture projects; –
• Monitor fulfilment of government undertakings as stipulated in respective in financing agreements for various Agriculture as well as Rural Development related projects, general budget sector supports with specific reference to Performance Assessment Framework; –
• Developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation systems based on performance indicators
• Train and support counterparts and programme managers on EDF and EU rules and procedures; – Liaise and coordinate on the implementation of projects with Project
• Managers of Ministries Departments and Agencies (MDAs, private sector. and other beneficiaries on the EU Agriculture funded projects
• Undertake any task assigned from time to time by management
Qualification and experience
• Master’s Degree in Economics/Agriculture Economics/Project management / Agriculture/ Rural Development/ or other related fields
• At least five (5) years of work experience in Agriculture sector in
• Tanzania of which at least two (2) years is in management of Agricultural projects; Professional experience in EU funded Agricultural projects is an asset
• Sound experience with Public and Private sector; – Proven ability to interact competently with donor agencies on issues related to aid coordination
• Knowledge and experience on European Development Fund (EDF) procedures is an added advantage.
• In depth knowledge of Project Cycle Management; – Excellent IT skills, – Good analytical skills; – Good public relations skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills, in both English and Swahili
• Comfortable to work independently, with tight deadlines and in difficult circumstances.
Job application procedure
Applications must be directed to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications by other means will not be accepted. Application letters, up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) must be in English. Your CV must indicate current physical address, telephone contacts and three reputable referees with their reliable contacts including phone numbers and email addresses.
Also, attach copies of Relevant Academic Certificates (Form IV and form V results slips, testimonials and all partial transcripts are not acceptable). Certificates from Foreign Universities and foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education must be accompanied by a verification document from Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA)/ National Council for Technical Education (NACTE) respectively.
An applicant employed in the Public Service should route his/her application letter through his/her respective employers.
Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed to indicate that in their applications.
Application deadline is on 20th June, 2020 at 11:59 PM EAT.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
JIUNGE GROUP LETU LA TELEGRAM. BONYEZA HAPA