Vacancy title: Private Sector Network Consultant (Generalist)
Jobs at: Resonance
Deadline of this Job: 31st July, 2020
Duty Station: Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Private Sector Network Consultant (Generalist)
Tanzania Private Sector Landscape Assessment (PSLA)
PEPSE: Aim to support implementation of USAID’s Private Sector Engagement (PSE) Policy, the Promoting Excellence in Private Sector Engagement (PEPSE) mechanism, implemented by Resonance, procures services for the U.S. Global Development Labs Center for Transformational Partnerships (CTP) – the future PSE Hub under the new Development, Democracy, and Innovation(DDI) Bureau and the Agency’s Missions, Bureaus, and Independent Offices (MBIOs). PEPSE provides MBIOs and CTP with access to communication, technical, and institutional support services that facilitate PSE to achieve sustainable development impact.
PEPSE’s technical and advisory services support MBIOs in gaining a deeper understanding of the private sector, building MBIO PSE capacity, furthering strategic collaboration with the private sector, and embracing market-based approaches to development challenges. Activities include, but are not limited to, PSE trainings, visioning workshops, co-creation, desk research, strategy design support, and private sector landscape assessments (PSLAs).
USAID/Tanzania is in the process of finalizing its new CDCS for 2020-2025 and requests PEPSE’s supporting in locating opportunities to strategically engage the private sector around development objectives focusing on youth in Agriculture (including nutrition), Ecotourism, and Education. The Mission also requests support in building upon previous PSE work conducted by USAID/Tanzania in Health and WASH through desk research and a limited number of Key Informant Interviews. To meet this request, PEPSE will conduct a remote private sector landscape assessment (PSLA) utilizing a market systems approach to: 1) Understand where youth fit within the Tanzanian private sector today; 2) Provide detailed analysis and recommendations on how to partner with the private sector to engage youth across industries (primarily education, ecotourism, and agriculture (this will include nutrition), and building upon Mission assessments and PSE work in health and WASH); 3) Report on COVID-19 related impacts across ecotourism, health, education, WASH, and agriculture and propose potential mitigation strategies.
The Private Sector Network Consultant will predominantly support the PSLA to be conducted from July 6-August 27,2020. Total expected LOE for the consultant is 5 days.
Task and Responsibilities:
- In their role as a Private Sector Network Consultant, the consultant will collaborate with the PSLA Team Lead, Tom Buck, and relevant USAID stakeholders to provide knowledge and expertise on Education, ICT, Finance, and relevant sectors in Tanzania. The selected candidate will perform a range of tasks that include:
- Maintain contact with the PEPSE team to formulate a list of relevant stakeholders in ICT, Education, Finance, and other relevant sectors; primarily from companies, businesses, and business associations, but also governmental, implementer, and civil society representatives to be determined
- Conduct outreach via phone, email, or other communications channels to relevant stakeholders within their network
- Make introductions between PEPSE and the stakeholders for interviews
- Schedule interviews with key stakeholders
- Provide sector and country-specific knowledge as needed
- Partake in interviews if requested
- Partake in check-ins and after-action action reviews to troubleshoot problems and capture learnings
Tasks are outlined below, along with corresponding deliverables and deadlines, which should be either submitted or confirmed as completed by the PSLA Team Lead.
Task: Stakeholder outreach & Interviews
Associated Deliverable, if applicable*: Stakeholder list and interview notes
Approximate Timing**: July 20- August 27
- After submitting a deliverable, the PSLA Team Lead must review and provide written approval for it to be considered final.
- These tasks and the associated LOE are subject to change as the needs of Resonance and USAID evolve over the coming months. These terms of reference outline the maximum LOE associated with these tasks but does not represent a guaranteed amount of LOE.
• Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive experience in relevant subject matter/technical area
• Master’s degree in relevant technical area required or equivalent experience
• Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
• Strong written and oral presentation skills
• Experience working with USAID or other large government or donor entities
• Experience with public-private partnerships strongly preferred
Job application procedure
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and the names and contact information for three references to email@example.com
Please include “Private Sector Network Consultant Tanzania – PSLA in the email subject line, and save CV as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’ (e.g., Smith_Jane.pdf). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.