Photographer and Video Producer Consultant
Job Opportunity at UNDP-Photographer and Video Producer Consultant UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women’s rights at the center of all its efforts, UN Women leads and coordinates United Nations System efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It provides strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
The Government of Tanzania is committed to promoting gender equality and the advancement of women’s human rights as evidence in the Constitution and as a signatory to various a and regional instruments such as the Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW), Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action, the Protocol to the African Charter on human and People’s Rights on the Rights of Women in Africa, the Sustainable Development Goals, among others. In Tanzania, UN Women is implementing the Country Strategic Note 2017-2021, in support of national development priorities and international commitments on Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment (GEWE). It works closely with UN sister agencies in delivering on the United Nations Development Assistance Plan (UNDAP II covering period 2016-202, under the UN Delivering as One modality. Un Women provides high quality advisory and technical support to government institutions including the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MHCDGE&C) in mainland and the Ministry of Labour, Empowerment, Elders, Women and Children (MLEEWC) in Zanzibar as well as sectoral Ministries and key institutions such as National Assembly. UN Women also works very closely with women’s organizations, other gender equality advocates, academic and research institutions, media, and the private sector to strengthen policy-oriented advocacy efforts for reform and implementation of laws and policies that protect women’s human rights; it also partners with community-based organizations and traditional leaders on the engagement of men and boys. UN Women plays a leading role in efforts to coordinate UN inter-agency work and multi-stakeholder dialogues and joint programme initiatives.
Within its projects/programmes, UN Women intends to produce multimedia communication and advocacy products including photo slides/essays, short videos and documentaries reflecting the entity’s interventions/ work and impact in areas of operation, to be disseminated through the mainstream media, social media, and local, regional and global corporate websites. This also aims to promote visibility of UN Women’s work in Tanzania, stimulate public discussion, enhance advocacy and awareness on issues related to gender-related policies and laws, highlight negative impacts of violence against women and girls, support the achievement of gender equality in-country and promote efforts aiming to address barriers to women’s social, economic, political and leadership needs, with particular focus on programmes being implemented by UN Women. In view of this, UN Women plans to contract a consultant to undertake photography and video production assignments on a part-time basis/as and when the need arises.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Photographer and Video Producer will report to the Communications Analyst to carry out the following duties and responsibilities as and when need arises.
- Capture high resolution images of UN WOMEN programme activities being implemented in various parts of the country and securing written consent from beneficiaries and other partners to enable use of pictures in all work related to UN Women;
- Caption each image according to UN Women standards and guidelines, with specific details such as the location the image was taken, full names of person/s, what the activity was all about, when and other relevant information important to create a stand-alone photo story;
- Provide high resolution images from all the projects to be documented on a reliable link, hard drive or internal shared drive. The copy right for all the images remains with UN Women.
- To give creative input to the overall photo shooting; and provide technical equipment needed for all still pictures and video production and editing (Photoshop), and additional light equipment deemed necessary;
- Lead documentation, utilization, attending to office requests for images and videos and dissemination for visibility and advocacy;
- To support production of high-quality images of women and girls representing all regions of Tanzania for use in creating a woman-friendly environment for the UN Women work spaces in Dar es Salaam, Dodoma and Zanzibar;
- To lead production and editing of short videos and documentaries on the work by UN Women with partners, reflecting impact of programmes and beneficiaries;
- Lead training of office staff/IPs on the basics of photography and short video production and editing; and
- Support any other assignments related to photography and video production as required during this period.
- A collection of high-resolution images relevant to UN Women’s work in Tanzania, across its core programme areas. High resolution for printing for office branding and publishing in the media as well as in jpg, professionally accepted resolution for website use and social media.
- A collection of photo essays, slide shows for each project, reflecting the work, impact and beneficiaries.
- Edited images are captioned and well documented for knowledge management in the Shared Drive.
- Production of high-quality edited short videos for each programme/project
- Production of high-quality edited documentary reflecting UN Women’s work with partners and showing activities and impact.
- Ability to plan and organize photo shoots and field video production
- Ability to take high quality photographs (photoshop experience)
- Ability to professionally produce and edit videos and documentaries
- A high sense of documentation and utilization, strong multimedia skills, with focus to social media platforms and usage of videos and images and other real time platforms
- Responding to internal requests for photographs and videos for various visibility purposes, including for reporting and presentations
- Innovations: Creative and artistic approach towards production of photos and videos, a strong sense of news pictures is desirable for dissemination through mass media
- Availability, reliability and willingness to travel in-country
- Ability to train others and function in a team-oriented environment.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
Required Skills and Experience
Education and Certification:
- Completion of secondary education required;
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism and Media Studies with an inclusion of Photo Journalism and Video Production and Editing and other related disciplines related to the skills required.
- Experience and ability to deliver the results will also be considered in the absence of a degree qualification.
Records management jobs Tanzania
Nafasi za Kazi Business Administration|Business Administration jobs in Tanzania
Banking and Finance jobs in Tanzania
Driving Job Tanzania
Secretary Job Tanzania
Receptionist Job In Tanzania
Hotel job Tanzania
Hotel job Dar es salaamHotel Jobs ZanzibarHotel Jobs Arusha
Teaching Job Tanzania
IT Jobs | Information Technology Job in Tanzania
- At least four (4) years of practical experience as a Photographer, Video Producer and Editor;
- Experience in photography, photojournalism and video production including concept development and image creation of photo essays for promotion of social justice and advocacy;
- Experience in providing media photographic and video support to UN and with other exposure in the related area in Africa in general;
- Demonstrated experience in covering outreach activities;
- Understanding of gender and empowerment of women and girls’ issues in the context of Tanzania;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in multicultural settings and with UN Women partners and communities where activities are being implemented;
- Ability to extract information, knowledge and sensitivities relevant to assignments from a variety of sources before taking images and videos;
- Background on photo-editing; excellent oral and written skills including short descriptive reports, script writing and captions;
- Experience in the use of computers applications and software packages related to photography and video production and editing.
Fluency in English, Kiswahili is an asset to enable field operations.
The following documents should be submitted as part of the application:
- Cover letter outlining suitability for the job, providing initial observations on the Terms of Reference including highlighted references to previous relevant work including publications; and an outline of the methodology he/she would use;
- A UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded at http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment;
- Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment;
- A financial daily offer in Tanzanian shillings.
The deadline for submitting the application is 23December 2020