System Administrator: Data Warehousing & Reporting
Posting Country: Tanzania, United Republic of
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Joining Vodacom is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
- Support to the Management Report Generation and Delivery,
- Data Warehouse System Administration and Monitoring
- Assuring completeness and accuracy of data loaded in the Data Warehouse
- Interconnect Billing & Reporting
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Provide Daily/monthly/Adhoc management and Financial reports, New product reporting implementation and completeness checks, and continuous checking and updating reference data in MIS database
- Perform Configuration of New Business and Product Rules and Changes to Live Rule on Data Warehouse systems, End-to-End testing before implementing the changes, Systems development documentation as per Design & Development Methodology.
- Perform Billing processing completeness checks and identifying possible issues, business rules verification from time to time on the Data Warehouse
- Perform Interconnect checks on the new trunks and traffic trending on Daily Basis, configure interconnect rates, and new destinations updates as they are communicated, Perform Interconnect Settlement Reconciliation
- National Roaming Reporting and Key Performance Indicator Monitoring
- Training and Self Development and Keep up to date with new technologies
Core competencies, knowledge, experience & Qualifications
- A Degree in Computer Science (BSc) or Computer Engineering
- 2 Years’ experience in Telecommunication Industry and/or Billing Environment.
- Data mining/analytical skills
- Office Application Knowledge especially EXCEL, Presentation and Documentation
- Programing and SQL Knowledge
- System Maintenance and Management Skills
- Billing System Administration Skills
- Project knowledge and experience would be advantageous.
- Data Warehouse Certification e.g. Oracle Certifications
- Monitor and Diagnose
- Incident Response
- Data Driven Decision Making
- Dev Ops
- Software Engineering
- Automation and Robotics
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.