JIUNGE MAGROUP YETU YA WHATSAPP. BONYEZA HAPA
Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party Operations, Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity Tanzania
Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, VA is looking for qualified candidates for Deputy Chief of Party Operations Position for a multi-year USAID- Funded Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity (TMA) anticipated to be a five-year contract to address dynamics that threaten habitat connectivity and the long-term presence of biodiversity in Tanzania. Interventions will support and strengthen government and civil society capacity for biodiversity conservation in a manner that: i) increases private sector engagement in conservation and natural resource management (NRM); ii) builds the capacity of the public sector and civil society; and iii) strengthens the policy and regulatory framework for conservation and NRM.
Working under the overall direction of the Chief of Party (COP) and in coordination and collaboration with project technical staff, the Deputy Chief of Party, Operations will have the primary responsibility of ensuring the timely provision and delivery of all required project financial, administrative, compliance and grants, procurement and subcontracts support to the execution of the TMA project. The position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Supervise a team of administration and finance professionals. Provide leadership, supervise and mentor local administrative and financial staff to effect sound project management, fiscal and administrative due diligence and the development of organizational and individual capacities.
- Identify and implement changes in administrative and financial policies and procedures that will enhance the cost effectiveness of program implementation.
- Execute operational planning/budgeting procedures and tools outlined in Tetra Tech’s Standard Operating Procedures that require technical units to provide adequate advance notice of support needs to financial, administrative, logistical, HR, and procurement units.
- Assist the COP to arrange technical and administrative support for short-term consultants and contractors.
- Ensure compliance of project operations with USAID, and Tetra Tech Home Office administrative policies and guidelines.
- Support implementation efforts throughout Tanzania when requested by the COP.
- Respond to pertinent information requests from project partners and other relevant organizations/institutions.
- Administer and manage the efficient utilization and maintenance of project resources, including vehicles, IT and office equipment and furnishings, and any other physical assets purchased by or assigned to the project.
- Advise the COP on all policy matters concerning project administration and financial management.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as business administration, policy or international development. A Master’s degree is desirable.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience with USAID project management (home office or in the field) including progressively greater responsibility managing and supporting: procurement and grants management, human resources, budgeting & finance, compliance, work planning and reporting, monitoring, evaluation and learning, communications.
- Successful track record in a supervisory role and in providing feedback and guidance to technical and administration personnel.
- Strong report writing skills demonstrated through high quality contributions to work plans and progress reports.
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a fast-paced context and across cultures.
- Experience in East Africa and Tanzania preferred.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) required. Swahili language skills preferred.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
JIUNGE GROUP LETU LA TELEGRAM. BONYEZA HAPA