Psychiatric Nurses (5 Positions)
TANZANIA RED CROSS SOCIETY
The Tanzania Red Cross Society is a voluntary humanitarian organization established as an independent National Society (NS) by an Act of Parliament No. 71 of December 1962 amended by Parliament of Tanzania 2019. Tanzania Red Cross Society was recognised and admitted to the membership of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) in 1963. The TRCS Headquarters office, located in Dar es Salaam city.
TRCS is now the largest and most dependable local partner in delivering humanitarian services in Tanzania. The TRCS has an active network in all regions in Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. Around 40% are women of more than 35,000 active volunteers. Most importantly, because of its credibility, Tanzania Red Cross Society receives supports from a broad range of partners including the IFRC, the ICRC, the American Red Cross, the Spanish Red Cross, the Belgian Red CrossFlanders, the French Red Cross, the Italian Red Cross, the China Red Cross and the Korean Red Cross. Other partners are UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP and UNFPA, the EU, USAID, CDC, BPRM and Pathfinder International. Tanzania Red Cross Society is looking for dynamic persons to fill the below vacancies.
PSYCHIATRIC NURSES (5 POSITIONS)
Duty Station: Nyarugusu Camp (Kasulu DC) and Mtendeli Camp (Kakonko DC)
Reports to: Patron/Matron
Age Limit: Not above 50 Years.
- Provide direct and individualized nursing care to patients based on the application of scientific nursing principles.
- Develop care plans for patients, helping them be as independent as possible
- Administer and monitor treatment regimens
- Administer prescribed medications, making constant adjustments commensurate with a patient’s condition under the supervision of qualified medical staff
- Observe and report behavioral changes
- Maintain control of drugs and medications
- Help patients improve their coping abilities
- Work with patients’ families to help improve the patient’s abilities & help them deal with family member’s mental illness
- Record all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms.
- Perform other position-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Diploma in Nursing with specialization in mental health from a recognized institution.
- At least 18 months working experience in the same field.
- A valid TNMC Registration.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the role applied for on the subject bar not later than May 26th ,2020. (Only short listed candidates will be notified).
Jiunge Nasi Telegram⇒Bonyeza Hapa